SHOW US YOUR TOKAI! pics thread

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ECHOTRAVELER

Reaction score
8)

DSCN1546.jpg

DSCN1549.jpg

DSCN1551.jpg

DSCN1553.jpg

Tokai Custom Made/Custom Shop
Body: Solid Spalted Maple Top
One Piece Mahagony Back
Neck: One Piece Mahagony, (Deep Joint)
Positions Marks: Celluloid
Pickups: PAF-Vintage MK-I
Pots: CTS Pots
Jack: Switch Craft
Condenser: Sprague Orange Drops
Wirings: Western Electric Wires
Bridge: Brass Saddles
Tailpiece: Aluminum
Finish: Laquer Finish/Nitrocellulose

custommadespaltedmapletop0mi.jpg

my LS75Q.... pics dont do the finish justice i dont think.... looks a lot better seein it for real....

DSCF0533.jpg

DSCF0529.jpg

DSCF0527.jpg

DSCF0528.jpg

DSCF0521.jpg

DSCF0515.jpg

plays better than any standard gibsons i have tried out recently...

nice !

togps! that looks fucking awsome...

keep em coming

im not sure how many people visit the forum constantly...but we need to give life to it.

My Tokai strats (you'll have to excuse the jap Squier to the left :D). The red is a 1984 TST50/60, the surf green is a 2002 AST50 and the white is a 1985/86 AST40 with Duncan pickups and replaced tuners (Deluxe marked Klusons).

strats1.jpg

Mike

Villager, congrats. Stunning guitar.... 8)

.... nearly so breath-robbing like mine here...

hey, villager, 500 bucks and your 320....
... and my angel is yours! :wink:

javelin those strats are bitchin bro... are the tokai strats as good as the love rock models, do they acctually play and feel like fender strats, the same way that the love rocks play as good as if not better than gibson les pauls???

im planning on gettin a strat next but i aint sure if i should stick with tokai or get a fender, but going by this tokai love rock i have, i recon im gonna be staying with tokai forever, coz their guitars are totally smokin!!!

LoveRocksRule said:
javelin those strats are bitchin bro... are the tokai strats as good as the love rock models, do they acctually play and feel like fender strats, the same way that the love rocks play as good as if not better than gibson les pauls???

im planning on gettin a strat next but i aint sure if i should stick with tokai or get a fender, but going by this tokai love rock i have, i recon im gonna be staying with tokai forever, coz their guitars are totally smokin!!!

The Tokai Goldstar Sound strats are excellent. You should try to find an 80's TST-50 or better, the TST/AST-40's are good but they have a different tremolo (one piece cast with cast saddles) and tuners (Gotohs cheapest model), they also have pickups with steel poles and a ceramic bar magnet. The body and neck is as good as the TST-50.

Mike

tok4.JPG

tok8.JPG

tok10.JPG

tok11.JPG

2003 LS85Q, very low action (fretbuzz here and there, but since the action is low and it doesnt get amped, i dont care , although acoustically it pisses me off occasionally).

Did my very 1st truss rod adjustment to add 1/8th of a turn more relief on the neck, and some buzzing went away imho (i hope so).

Very singing guitar, but i am considering ditching the MKII pups.

hey guys
how do i get the my pics onto the thread . i tried drag and drop, but it wont work

hey villager
i would even give you your springy back for that one . after all its only an average copy of some obscure guitar :lol: :lol: :lol:

mike martin said:
hey guys
how do i get the my pics onto the thread . i tried drag and drop, but it wont work

You see all the options when you post??

well use the Img button...(it will appear on the post)

then put the link to the image, then hit Img again

no space between the Img's and the link

Here's mine - a couple serial numbers off yours Echotraveler.

headstock.jpg

I ended up changing the trussrod cover...

body.jpg

I swapped out the stock tailpiece for a Wilkinson with an adjustable B/G piece - now it intonates very well with a 10-46 set.

mojo.jpg

I've never owned a brand new guitar in my entire life - this one needed some funk to make it looked lived in. Cool points for the sticker being 32 years old! :)

Jim

hey folks, check my goldstars out on my flickr site. all the relevant notes can be read by rolling the mouse over shots like this (click on link below):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris_b/35191058/in/set-779067/

btw, some BEAUTIFUL tokais listed in this thread. cheers

Here are better photo's of my Tokai's :oops:

1980 ST-100 Springy Sound with Custom Handmade '54 Alnico III Pickups by David Barfuss - 1 piece Swamp Ash -Very Light

ST-100.jpg

1980 ST-80 Springy Sound with Stock E-Series Pickups. 2 Piece Sen Ash

ST-802.jpg

Breezysound with Custom Handmade Pickups from Leosounds - Mudcat Set

Breezysound.jpg

ES-100 with Seymour Duncan '59's Pickups

ES-100.jpg

RG-40 Set Neck Version

RG-40.jpg

Les Paul Reborn Retrospec with Handmade Pickups by Heusell

Reborn.jpg

ST-50 Goldstar Sound with combination of OC Duff, Seymour Duncan and a 'U' Series in the neck

St-50.jpg

1973 Tokai L-50 Classical - Shellac Finish - Sweet Tone

Classical.jpg

1979 SS-40 Silver Star, Scalloped neck and Bare Knuckle Trilogy Pickups

Body.jpg

Latest posts

Back