Asking additional $50 shipping costs after auction closed?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hans-j?rgen

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tokai-Love-Rock-elec-guitar-Made-In-Japan-1985_W0QQitemZ7355519006

Here's the related thread on Harmony Central:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1053926

Well, did you read the whole thread? She made a mistake, but they all got along in the end. :-?

Stuff like this happens all the time I bet, this particular seller doesn't seem as the type that would screw you over on purpose though...

Always read the fine print! That way you won't get into trouble!

I was just cruisin' this forum and noticed this thread.I'm the one that bought the guitar and I gotta tell ya', the pics that they had posted in the ad DO NOT do this guitar justice.Best thing i ever did was just communicate a bit with the seller and this beauty is mine!.real nice grain in the wood you cant see in the pics.Man I have a '95 ls55 (MIJ) i fell in love with so i couldnt wait to get an earlier model (after hearin' so much about how much better they are and such).Very true,the guitar is very different than my '95,very different neck,heavier,all around cooler vibe!,and just generally nicer (be difficult to tell the difference if this had Gibson on the headstock)Ive never been one for "names" anyway.Don't get me wrong though i still like my'95 ls55 quite a bit,just different.It is driving me nuts though tryin to identify the model,there's no markings under pickups or anywhere,just the serial #,and i know it has the 2 piece top,and the deluxe tuners,could have sworn it was a nitro finish (other ppl who know a bit also thought so too)but i tested it w/lacquer thinner and apparently it's not.So it's probably a ls60 maybe.Did they make a ls70 in '85.Any opinions?.............P.S. Gettin hooked on these Love Rocks!

sitamoia50 said:
Did they make a ls70 in '85.
Hi sitamoia, welcome to the forum! Glad to hear that everything turned out fine for you and that guitar. For identifying different models it's always a good idea to look into the available catalogs on the main site, although many of them are in Japanese only:

http://www.tokairegistry.com/tokai-info/tokai-catalogs.html

Do you have any pictures of that guitar besides the one from the ebay auction?

hi
i bought a 1985 ls70 from japan a lot of months ago so i guess they did do an ls70 in 85 although the seller advertised it as a special order for a shop it was listed as having nitro finnish , im not so sure about that . it also has the double ring tuners , unlike yours which only has the single ring, but going by previos threads. single ring tuners were the standard at
that time , mine also does not have any markings inside the cavities, the only info is the worn 709 sticker on the headstock and the ser no 50xxxxx, also the binding at the frets goes up over the fret wire
mike

Back