Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My favorite Tokai catalog page...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitar Registry Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hans-j?rgen
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: My favorite Tokai catalog page... Reply with quote

http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/vol622.jpg

Explanations from 1982 for Love Rock fret binding, neck tenons, circuit board or not, nickel plated lightweight hardware - sadly it's only available in Japanese...

Novosel
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you on that, hans-jurgen - that would be an exceptional page to have translated!

There are a couple of English phrases sprinked in there: "One of a kind", "Quality before quantity", and "We are No. 1!"
hans-j?rgen
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novosel wrote:
I'm with you on that, hans-jurgen - that would be an exceptional page to have translated!

Maybe the forum members should make a collection for someone speaking Japanese who would translate it? Or ochay might give away one of his dozens of 198x LS 120? Actually I'm still hoping that Hot Rod is already working on the Japanese girl friend case...

Quote:
There are a couple of English phrases sprinked in there: "One of a kind", "Quality before quantity", and "We are No. 1!"

Right, I noticed them, too, also "I'm No. 1" below that picture showing a bare neck with medium tenon...
Hot Rod
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="hans-j?rgen"][quote="Novosel"]I'm with you on that, hans-jurgen - that would be an exceptional page to have translated![/quote]
Maybe the forum members should make a collection for someone speaking Japanese who would translate it? Or ochay might give away one of his dozens of 198x LS 120? Actually I'm still hoping that Hot Rod is already working on the Japanese girl friend case...

[quote]There are a couple of English phrases sprinked in there: "One of a kind", "Quality before quantity", and "We are No. 1!"[/quote]
Right, I noticed them, too, also "I'm No. 1" below that picture showing a bare neck with medium tenon... [/quote]

....still working on it
Marcus
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can work on translating this page, if people are still interested in this. However, the jpg up on the catelog pages does not contain the full page from this catelog, there is a bunch missing from above where the page starts. If the person who originally submitted this can re-scan the item to show the full page, then complete info would be available.

let me know if anyone is interested in seeing a translation, and I will make an effort.
luis
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an old question asked from old by supenout forum member.It's difficult however for us,but maybe one of the japanese members could help here but.......
Marcus
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know the question is already months old, but like I said, I can translate the page, as I can read the language, but if we had a full copy of the page then I could provide full info. The top part of the page is missing . . . .
togps
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus wrote:
.... If the person who originally submitted this can re-scan the item to show the full page, then complete info would be available.

I'm not the man, who submitted it. But I've most of all catalogues in front of me. Let me know, which part of catalogue you need

Quote:
let me know if anyone is interested in seeing a translation, and I will make an effort.

Haha, thank you, which question. I love you

Interesting, see also my posting in the thread:
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5082
Marcus
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The page in question is the one first referenced in the initial post on this topic thread, i.e., this one:

http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/vol622.jpg

If the complete page was available (instead of only the bottom portion) I could attempt to translate the entire page. It would be good practice for me too, since I left Japan over 10 years ago and dont get to translate so much as I used to . . . .
togps
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prego!

Marcus
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent, but . . . even when I go to the linked image (not the thumbnail), I have to blow it up a bit to be able to read the small Japanese letters, and when enlarged the resolution is not sufficient. The original (partial) page up on the registry catelog pages is in higher resolution, so I can see the characters clearly even after enlarging. So in order not to have my eyes get even worse, I will have to ask that you post a higher resolution version or it will be very difficult for me. Sorry, but that's the only way I will be able to read it (though I can still read the bottom half from the existing page up at the registry)
togps
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand Marcus.
So I'll post the upper half of the page 22 of the catalogue.
Since you are satisfied with the quality of the remaining page.
Marcus
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. Just put up the link after you have finsihed, and I will start on it this weekend.
hans-j?rgen
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

togps wrote:
I'm not the man, who submitted it. But I've most of all catalogues in front of me.

By the way, togps, do you have the complete 1979 catalog and the ones from 1980 and 1983? These are the biggest gaps in the available Tokairegistry catalogs in my opinion, and high quality scans (at least 150 dpi) of them would probably be most appreciated by all of us.

@Marcus: Great, really great, thank you!
togps
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus, here is a pic of the upper page 22. Since I'm not able to scan. The resolution is quite good. Thanks again for your help and effort.
Nice weekend!

hans-j?rgen, I don't have the 1980 and 1983 catalogue. I have the 1979 one. Since I'm not able to scan - I can make pics of the remaining pages. Advice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitar Registry Feedback All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: