Left handed tokai les paul

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coppernicked

Reaction score
Hi, I'm very new to the site so forgive me if this question has been asked before. I've just bought a left handed tokai love rock which has no serial number on it. It has a 3 screw truss rod cover which is not bell shaped. I cannot find any serial numbers anywhere. Is this Japanese or Korean? It was sold to me as Japanese. 8)

coppernicked said:
I cannot find any serial numbers anywhere. Is this Japanese or Korean? It was sold to me as Japanese. 8)
Usually the Japanese have stamped serial numbers, but maybe this one doesn't, because it was a special order being left-handed. I don't know if the Korean factory also builds these models.

It's Korean. I'm a lefty, the newer Japan guitars are labeled made in Japan under the poly for just this reason. A lot of the Korean Les Pauls have a clear plastic decal on the back of the headstock, which is very easy to peel off.

Thanks both of you for the reply. It's as I suspected. I've spoken to Bob at Tokai UK and he says the same - it's Korean. Lance

:eek: This site is set up so that the MIJ /Korea thing can't happen! Take some time and get educated! Realize that the modern day guitar store is where the future used car salesman learns the swindle! :eek: I wouldn't take the word of a guy who makes minimum wage on what I should throw my $$$ at! :evil: So look before you cross the street, there are alot of guys hanging out on the corner who wouldn't think a thing about pushing you infront of an oncoming Bus! Beware my Brethren! :wink: TG

Latest posts

Back