No love for this one?

Music stores and pawn shops where Tokai guitars have been spotted for sale. New or used.

Moderators: ian, ned

hans-j?rgen
Guitar God

No love for this one?

Post by hans-j?rgen » Tue May 31, 2005 2:38 am

ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen
BLUEZZ BASTARDZZ "That lil' ol' ZZ Top cover band from Hamburg"
INDIGO ROCKS "Down home rockin' blues. Tasty as strudel"

togps
Guitar God

Post by togps » Tue May 31, 2005 6:19 am

No thank you!
I do not have love for falsifications.

Beware!
That is definitively a fraud here!

Pit

ArthurS
Guitar God

Post by ArthurS » Tue May 31, 2005 6:21 am

How's that a fraud? Looks like regular Korean Tokais to me.

The only questionable thing in the auction that I can see, is this statement: "ALL DUTY AND CUSTOM CHARGES ARE COVERED IN THE PRICE AND BY OUR COURIER!". Very hard to believe.

togps
Guitar God

Post by togps » Tue May 31, 2005 6:37 am

Ask this "seriousely" Ebay dealer for a COA for its "Tokais" !!!

Pit

QuattroSte
Guitar God

Post by QuattroSte » Tue May 31, 2005 6:39 am

I don't like when you don't get a picture of the full guitar. The body and the headstock could be from completly different guitars.

hans-j?rgen
Guitar God

Post by hans-j?rgen » Tue May 31, 2005 7:46 am

Err... what's a COA? I only wondered if the cherry sunburst would have a maple neck like the dark one has. As far as I remember, the dealer even offers to take it back if you don't like it. Anyhow, did you have a bad experience with him in the past?
ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen
BLUEZZ BASTARDZZ "That lil' ol' ZZ Top cover band from Hamburg"
INDIGO ROCKS "Down home rockin' blues. Tasty as strudel"

QuattroSte
Guitar God

Post by QuattroSte » Tue May 31, 2005 8:10 am

Certificate Of Authentication

luis
Guitar God

Post by luis » Tue May 31, 2005 8:47 am

All japanese Tokais come with a triptic(small 3 piecescartoon with a stamp in red colour ink with a date(japanese dating of course:emperor time) and the model which it is(LS-50,60,80....),so I good thing to know it's japanese is asking for this cartoon to show.
About models be aware as 50 ans 60 imodel are korean now.

togps
Guitar God

Post by togps » Tue May 31, 2005 9:13 am

As far as I remember, the dealer even offers to take it back if you don't like it
Than it might be to late.

Anyhow, it was strange for my opinion. So nice "Tokai" guitars. No where else available, even not of the rest of the world. Exept, in Ebay Canada!!?? Strange!

I passed Hans-Juergen?s posting this morning to Mr. Shohei Adachi, President of Tokai Gakki, Hamamatsu, Japan.

He goes upset. Answer: "We do not know these guitars."

So it?s seems, there is a gang of some "Ebay dealers" on the scene. Sells to the musicians falsificates. Such fakers should be putted in the prison.

Note: Nothing against those guitars. It is no junk. They may be worth every cent. No daubt.

BUT THERE ARE NO TOKAIS!!!
And this is not legal.

Pit

JSD
Guitar God

Post by JSD » Tue May 31, 2005 9:24 am

Flee-bay dealers are exactly that and only that, flee-bay dealers. Thats what you would be dealing with in this case. They are available elsewhere other than flee-bay....;) Don't believe everything you read in a flee-bay add many are well known for there "creative" adds and false promisses and just try to directly contact them..... :roll:

And Hans, all the Korean Love Rocks come with Canadian rock maple necks.

Korean made guitars do not come with any kind of "COA" but they are made under licence as shown on the back of the headstock.
Your online source for great guitars
JSD's Guitar Shack / JSD's on Myspace

buckwild

Post by buckwild » Tue May 31, 2005 10:05 am

I think all this bashing of this seller is a little crazy. I bought a guitar from him. He was very helpful, the guitar was packed great, it was exactly as described and was delivered in a timely fashion. Leave it alone.

ian
Guitar God

Post by ian » Tue May 31, 2005 10:55 am

Togps ?hi welcome to the Forum. But please take care with what you say ? please avoid talking about ?fakers should be put in prison? etc., ? that?s just asking for trouble.

I know we have a language barrier, & I thank you for trying to write in English ? but I don?t see anything wrong with those guitars. Only unusual thing I see is sellers offer to pay tax & duty (don?t think he really means that,?not sure what he means there ? but any buyer can always email him to clarify).

Guys - just be careful not to accuse people of being fraudulent ? you may be wrong, & they probably won?t thank you/us for the insults.

Ian.

ian
Guitar God

Post by ian » Tue May 31, 2005 12:11 pm

Togps ? please DO NOT repeat what you said in your first post. I already asked you not to do that :o .

By all means discuss this. But avoid calling anyone a fraud or cheat, don?t repeat any of that stuff ? just stay calm & objective about it, whatever you think.

If you believe you have evidence of serious wrongdoing & you want to pursue the matter then please send a PM (private message) either to me or to Ned and we can discuss it with you off the air.

But Do Not Post Any More Stuff about Fraud etc. Clear?

Ian.

togps
Guitar God

Post by togps » Tue May 31, 2005 12:47 pm

Ian send me a p.m.
I will show you the truth. But what will then be happen?

Pit

ian
Guitar God

Post by ian » Tue May 31, 2005 12:59 pm

Togps - no, you send me a PM ... you're the one with the info :-? .

What will happen? Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves ... let me see what you have to say, OK? Keep it clean & factual.

But Forums like this are for general discussion, not for starting legal rows which might end up with people being sued in court. Yikes! :roll:

Ian.