Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korean Made Orvilles
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Japanese exported all their cheap copies and kept their high end ones in country. I see the 800, 900 100 and 1200 series Grecos here, used, and they sell for more now than they did originally. Same with all the older MIJs...the Japanese have the web too and now know how sought after the old guitars are... and prices are going up accordingly.
whitehall
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be pretty hard for most Americans to tell a Burny from an Orville. For the most part you don't have anything here to compare it with. And after you paid the 125usd shipping you're not about to send it back and pay another 125usd. So I just stay away from them now. 5 years ago there was one guy doing it, now there's like 5. They must be making great money on these things because more keep popping up. And look at the amount of product these guys move. Like 15-20 Pieces a month. You ever sell 15 guitars in a month ? believe me, when you're moving that many overseas every month it's a full time job. I only do lefties- which are even rarer. years ago I would see one maybe every 3 or 4 months. Now I see one every other week. You almost never saw Edwards and Baccus over here, now all the time. I'm waiting for the Photogenic and Goodtimes ones to start coming over.
20 century boy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but there is so many because the demand is increasing! And remember that it's the americans that made the prices increase so much
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`ve no idea how many guitars are sold on e-bay... very rarely go there and it`s always just to look... I`m happy buying on Yahoo Japan. Sellers are just trying to take advantage of the demand for MIJs, so I have to be really fast and jump on a guitar as soon as I see one I like `cause there are a lot more gaijins buyin em. Fortunately I`m in a smaller city and far less competition... but that also means a lot fewer choices in shops to go to. Still... I`ve been very lucky and found some genuine beauts. I`m a lucky guy.
villager
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

20th century boy ...

hehe..thanks.. my prices are more expensive because they don't have 20% import tax in the US...plus mine are all in the UK and can be played before purchase...and its a lot cheaper to return one to london if you dont like it than japan...by the way all prices are negotiable of course...seriously tho...Ive played a lot of these 80's japanese guitars and I think compared to the gibsons I have owned ..quite a few..the qualitys the same ..: in my view ..the japanese copys are underpriced at the moment..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: