Zakk Wylde Tokai Love Rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I saw this on ebay last night

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2384&item=3782197869&rd=1

They look absolutely awesome! I am a big Zakk fan and think Love Rock's smoke. I contacted him and bought another one he had. Awesome!!!!

Looks nice, though the price seems a bit steep for a Korean model. What kind of pickups are in there?? Are they active or passive?
One thing I'm a bit disappointed with is that they went with a finished neck instead of bare maple.

Anyway, that's just personal preference. Let us know how you like it! :)

Yeah. I'm pretty stoked on the axe. I really didn't need it but I have a feeling they are going to go quick and be sought after. I think it's a good deal since the Epi ones are going for like upwards of $700. I think the tokai will be much better. I will probably put the Zakk EMG set in it.

I bought one of those Zakks this morning from the same seller, but it cost me $30 more. i guess he realized they were going to go fast and jacked the price up a bit. Oh well. I already have real EMG's to put in it when it arrives.

Promised the wife I wouldn't buy anymore guitars but that is tempting. Wonder if I could mod my cream Greco LP Custom?

Well I got mine yesterday. All I can say is Rippin!!!!!! The guitar is amazing. I originally got mine from Mike's guitars but then he said all his Zakk Customs were having the necks coming apart with warpage. Fishy. Anyway, I bought it from Guitar_Sales on ebay and I couldn't be happier. Thie guitar is built like a tank. Seriously, it weighs like 11.5 lbs. It's super heavy. The finish is pretty flawless and the neck eventhough it is finished feels pretty slick and not sticky. I think the pickups are ok but definately not as good as the real EMG's. I probably will replace them. Overall though I can't believe the guitar is Korean made-it is very well thought out and in my opinion an awesome investment.

Glad to hear you like it! Very strange about the Mike's Music story, by the way. I always though maple was generally more stable than mahogany, so it should warp less fast!? Better keep an eye on yours during the warranty period.

Are the pickups active or passive?

Here's an update on the Zakk Love Rock. So far the neck is stable and rockin! I put in the EMG Zakk set and this thing smokes. I had to instal a different input jack plate cause the original one was not compatible with the EMG pickups.

Back