Anyone got a Warmoth Neck on their Tokai?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8bit Barry

Reaction score
I wanted to get a warmoth neck for my breezysound, as the neck is too thin. Has anyone ever managed to get a Warmoth neck? From what I can measure up they wont fit as they are too large at the heel..... I am gutted. :(

I have got a Left Handed (Lefty) Goldstar Sound Body with a 22 Fret Warmoth Neck (reverse Hendrix style) and it fitted perfectly with no mods needed at all. I tried it on a 1997 Fender USA Std Body and it was too tight to fit without modification to heel or body. The Warmoth website is pretty good for getting specs.
Regards.
Nik.

Looks Nice !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41423&item=3780267347&rd=1

Mine is a Goldstar Sound Strat Body with Warmoth Neck.

This Guy seems to have done the opposite > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3780290080&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

A Tokai Neck on a Mex Fender Body. I know from experience that Tokai/Fender Stratocaster necks & bodies are interchangeable.

Can?t you shave/sand the neck down a fraction at the heel? Builders/Luthiers on TDPRI also like Allparts necks, though maybe same problem fitting US spec to Japanese body (not sure the screw holes will line up either?).

Ian.

more two-cent commentary ...

I have put a Warmoth tele neck on an unknown origin Tele body (could be an old Boogie Bodies). Got the neck years ago through their Custom Shop, which is like a thrift shop for necks and bodies that never sold or were returned for some cosmetic reason. Made of solid Goncalo Alves, the same wood that Smith & Wesson uses for pistol grips - beautiful reddish brown hardwood with chocolate stripes, 1 5/8 inch, jumbo frets. The best neck I have. It was about $250, which ain't cheap, but worth it for me. It was a fun but laborious project to scrape all the poly off the body and then stain it to match the neck and Tung oil it. Goncalo is an awesome wood - really stiff stuff, light, warm and smoother than a 30-year-old Strat neck. Warmoth uses it for fingerboards a lot. Seems warmer in tone than maple. The body came with a pair of early model Peavey Wolfgang pickups, so it is now one barkin?, smooth playin' pup (I call her Wolfie) 8)

I really like Warmoth products and hope to get another exotic wood neck or at least a CBS head strat neck for an AST-56 that has a V-neck I am not crazy about (good guitar, but the pickups are very vintage, hence a bit shrill for my ears). Warmoth necks seem to fit fine - good stuff, and if you buy through their Custom Shop the pricers are lower. They also have some painted solid and hollow Strats bodies that are stunning. And no, I don't work for them. :roll:

I emailed Warmoth and got no reply surprisingly, as they are usually really good with emails. I could modify it to fit I suppose, but the problem is I dont have the money to be getting it wrong!! Also I am not so good with power tools, so it looks like I am going to buy another Tele.

Did Tokai make Teles with variable thickness necks? All the ones I have tried (only about 3 in total!!) are the same width, too thin for my liking.

(Reviving an old thread, but in case it's helpful:)
I tried to mount a Warmoth neck on my Hard Puncher bass in an attempt to convert it to a fretless. It did fit, sort of... because it fit perfectly into the neck slot, but the angle was wrong. We managed to compensate this by adding an 8 mm thick wood block under the bridge, but that looked too home made for my taste, so the bass got its old neck back.

But with some woodworking skills you could adapt the neck by shaving off the end of it. We never tried that. And that could in turn make it hard to reach the truss rod adjustment screw. At least if you have the standard Warmoth over hung fretboard.

In stead I ordered a body from Warmoth too and made it a complete new bass.

Latest posts

Back