Greco Burny info needed please

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riffpowers

Reaction score
Hi guys

I appear to be exhibiting the early signs of MIJ guitar mania......after doing some research on 80's MIJ tokais I also stumbled accross a few burnys and grecos.The look like real nice guitars,and some of them have sold for stupidly cheap prices.
Anyone got any general info on these guitars??Quality??How do they compare to other gibbos and gibbo copies/replica??Are they really as good as people say on harmony central??(if so they are a steal!!)
Which models/years/features should I look out for??

One of my close friends has an early 90s Greco. I've spent hours on his guitar, and I slightly prefer my own 2003 Tokai (especially the neck profile, though fit and finish seems a bit better as well).

That said, those differences might just be those particular examples, and at the prices some of those Grecos go for, they're an absolute steal. I sometimes see Customs go for little over $200, and a little while back a post-2000 metallic blue Epiphone Japan Standard (same factory as Greco, Burny, Orville) went for ~250. If they're anywhere near as good as my friend's, they're bargains.

Latest posts

Back