Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

l/h Goldstar on eBay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qooker
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: l/h Goldstar on eBay Reply with quote

Hi,
This is my first post on the Tokai forum. I'm a left handed player with a preference for Strat-type guitars from Holland.
The reason for post my is the listing of a l/h Goldstar on eBay and that does not happen all that often. Unfortunately some things about this guitar are puzzling to me (based on what I know through the TokaiRegistry):

1 it is a 3T sunburst RW Goldstar (TST 55, sticker on back of neck) with a single-ply 50's style pickguard
2 the PU's are bar magnet type (flush poles)
3 the holes for trem cavity cover are unusual: normally the middle screw hole for the screw near the upper horn is closer to the neckplate, but here the hole of the screw near the lower horn is closer to the neckplate - I've never seen that screw pattern before

The s/n on the neckplate is L22616, and the 3T 'burst looks okay, but could a body as described above be original? (trem unit is also non-original)

I've added the link to the eBay offering below (hope this works!). The pictures are not too clear.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2384&item=3770495798&rd=1

Hope some of you Tokai-guru's can help me with this.

Cheers,
Paul[/url][/list]
Chriss
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re L/H Guitar Reply with quote

Nope it's not genuine! Well the neck is but the body is that of a Squier Strat. I now know this and have adjusted the Ebay listing accordingly. Many thanks for being suspicious, rightly so!

Any one got a left-hand Goldstar strat with a Squier neck?

Cheers

Chriss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: