Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

yamaha sg line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tokaigeek
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: yamaha sg line Reply with quote

i came across a yamaha sg400 and a yamaha sg3000 but am having a hard time getting info about them over the net. can anyone help me try to figure out dating for these guitars? i've been a bit lucky with the sg3000 but the info is still far from enlightening. and the sg400? forget about it. i can't find anything!

thanks for your time and i hoping some of you can help me out.
RedFish_Happy
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now as I'm the owner of a beautiful SG2000, I found out how hard it is to get some information on these series! Sending an e-mail to Yamaha Europe was pointless...no result at all!

I even have trouble dating my lady...when I use the serial number wizard on Yamaha.com page it returns "invalid serial number"!

So any advise on how to find out more about Yamaha's SG series and on how to date my axe will be appreciated.
Chum
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there.....

I know this question was posted over a year ago, but anyway...

If you go to the Vintaxe site, click on Links (far right), and then look for the heading on Japanese Guitars... There is a link there for the Yamaha site, which is in Japanese, but there are pictures and specs (in Japanese) of the SG Series of Guitars by Yamaha.... Very useful, i was looking at a SG700 from Yamaha and i found it there....

hope this helps....

Chum
RedFish_Happy
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, but in the meantime I got some help from mimasu at the japanaxe forum, who used "The History of Yamaha Guitars" book to date my SG. According to that book my axe is from 1980.
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when got my SG-800, the p`ups were stamped with the Japanese dating system and my wife figured it out to 1981. They use the Gregorian calendar but they still use their old calendar based on the year of the emperor`s reign as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: