Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microphonic pickups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonotes
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Microphonic pickups Reply with quote

I recently picked up a 84 Silver Star in Bangkok. Plays great but the pickups are very hot and microphonic. My local guitar guy says nothing is wrong and they do sound great. A real vintage sound. Has anybody come across this situation with other Tokais. I tried a resistor on the volume pot and it helped with the microphonics but the tone of the pickups changed quite a bit so I pulled it out. Anybody have any solutions?
tokaiguy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my 84' Fiesta Red AST 56'on Ebay awhile back and had the same problem. I dropped a set of VanZant True Vintage in it and solved the problem. I built a Strat from parts and used the Tokai pup's along with a Fender wired pickgaurd and they sound great! A Mystery indeed! Last November I bought a new Goldstar MIJ 56' and found the pup's to be harsh and rather bright, so I put them in a AST 62' with a rosewood slab and that fixed the problem. Once again a set of the VanZants in the new Goldstar and it's now my favorite Strat Good Luck! TG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: