Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goldstar sound from 1984

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave_leask
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Goldstar sound from 1984 Reply with quote

Hi. I have a golstar sound that looks original. It's missing the pickup covers, but that's all. I can't see a serial no. anywhere on the guitar (I believe it should be on the neck plate). It has deluxe Kluson tuners, and has final prospect on the string saddles. Any suggestions? The script on the headstock matches the photos of other '84 models on your site. I am selling this guitar on Ebay, so I want to offer all possible info! I bought it 2nd hand about 13 years ago. Thanks for any help!
Dave
ian
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave, - yep, S/N should be on neckplate, but it wouldn?t help you date the guitar anyway. Sounds like neckplate was changed, so maybe somebody had neck off at some time - I?d remove neck & look for typical Tokai marking on neck butt & cavities etc ? again it won?t help on date, but would confirm original Tokai neck. Sounds like you know the rest .

Ian.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: