Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tokai Strat from circa 1984

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yorkie
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Tokai Strat from circa 1984 Reply with quote

Hi I wonder if you can help me identify my guitar? I bought it around 1984 and it has a five digit serial number with a small sticker on the base and back of the neck which has a '50' on it. The colour is metalic dark blue and I remember that it had a locking nut at the head, which I could never live with and so removed (it was at the height of Van Halen etc. so presumably pandering to that period a bit?).

I am a little confused about which model it is and therefore would be interested to learn more. I also need to sort out the electrics which are a bit dodgy. I think the pots need sorting out and the jack socket makes loud noises intermittently.
ned
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its a Strat copy then the model is ST-50 (based on the sticker). Check the main site (www.tokairegistry.com) for catalogs that have a similar model.

Ned
Porsche 911 Racing
Yorkie
Plucker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: ST-50 Reply with quote

Thanks Ned, I will check out the site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: