Microphonic pickups

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonotes

Reaction score
I recently picked up a 84 Silver Star in Bangkok. Plays great but the pickups are very hot and microphonic. My local guitar guy says nothing is wrong and they do sound great. A real vintage sound. Has anybody come across this situation with other Tokais. I tried a resistor on the volume pot and it helped with the microphonics but the tone of the pickups changed quite a bit so I pulled it out. Anybody have any solutions?

:eek: I bought my 84' Fiesta Red AST 56'on Ebay awhile back and had the same problem. I dropped a set of VanZant True Vintage in it and solved the problem. I built a Strat from parts and used the Tokai pup's along with a Fender wired pickgaurd and they sound great! A Mystery indeed! Last November I bought a new Goldstar MIJ 56' and found the pup's to be harsh and rather bright, so I put them in a AST 62' with a rosewood slab and that fixed the problem. Once again a set of the VanZants in the new Goldstar and it's now my favorite Strat :wink: Good Luck! TG

Latest posts

Back