Japanese Epiphones?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mediocreman

Reaction score
Do they suck? Are the good? I can't seem to find any information online about them.

Spec of the one I'm looking at:

*Body:Solid Mahogany Body/Solid Maple Top.
*Neck:Straight/ Mohogany Neck.
*Finger Board:Rosewood.
*Fret and neck Condition:8.5+/10 point Straight
*Machine Head(peg):Grover Style.
*Pickups:F Dimarzio "DP155"/R Gibson PU.
*Control:2Volume 2Tone.
*Scale:24 3/4,22 Fret.
*Neck Joint:Deep joint neck.
*Serial:912354.
*Weight:3,9kg

Seem a bit too good to be true.

They're good. Supposedly they're made in the same plant as Greco/Burny and the revered Orvilles. If my friend's Greco is anything to go by, they're excellent guitars (his example is a bit on the heavy side though, and I still prefer my LS80 - but it's a nice guitar nevertheless)

Also, why do you think it sounds too good to be true? The specs are pretty much the same as most Japanese Les Pauls (though most ship with Klusons and the Dimarzio pickup is probably not stock)

Edit: had to fix some terrible typos :-?

Arthur is right.These Epiphones Japan replaced Orville line,I'm pretty sure they are nearly the same guitar made at the same plant.I tried a '77 Greco EG-800 and was heavy.I also prefered my LS-70 from Tokai too over the Greco,I felt it more accurate to LP specs.

they still make a couple of models here, apart from the Elitists. Easy to I.D. by the Gibson headstock. Don`t often see them used... not sure if thats a good or bad thing.

yeh, great guitars. i would say they are equal to Orville by Gibson. But don't get them mixed up with the elitist model.

Back