Fernandes Ravelle

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Has anyone played a Fernandes Ravelle? I believe they are made in asia, but I'm not sure if made in Japan, Korea, or China. What are these like. They look pretty cool.

any thoughts?

:D I bought one of the first ones, personally I liked it! The first variation of the LP I have ever liked {remember the Dean Elite?} Gold Top, very much a Super Grade feel. I have wanted a 79'-80' Yamaha SG 2000 burst for a long while so a friend who had a beauty traded with me. The Ravelle is his main guitar { is it just me but I hate the term "Axe", it's so gay!} The one I had was a MIJ First Edition I paid almost $1000. I saw one in a Red Hot Chili Peper Video and had to have it. 8) That feeling passed! :-? Nice Guitar! :D TG

I own a Fernandes Ravelle Deluxe.
Very nice guitars for the money.
They are made in China.

Feature a
mahogany neck = Headstock and neck one piece.
Mahogany body= 3 to 4 piece depending. Mines a 4. LP body thickness.
Carved maple top with lightly figured veneer.
Medium neck tenon = Extends to pickup cavity, but no tongue into bottom of cavity.
Rosewood fretboard.
22 frets.
split trap inlays= actually done pretty decent. pretty clean.
1 volume.
1 tone= has push coil split.
thinner neck profile like 60's.
Graphite nut.
Grover sealed tuners.
(real) Duncan Jazz/JB pickup combo.

Guitar plays very nicely. Has some real good tones. Very versatile with the coil split.
About 11lbs.
Balanced fine. Not neck heavy.
Sustains great.
Bit brighter more compressed tone than a real LP or my Diodati 59Q. Could be do to the 4 piece body, mahogany wood type, pickups, etc...
But, still very usuable tones.

Definitely a keeper. Nice addition to the collection.

RavelleDeluxe.jpg

Here's an extended solo I did on one of our tunes.
I used the S.D. Jazz neck pickup on the Fernandes.
It's long so bare with it.
http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000046117_000021406.mp3

Kent

Latest posts

Back