• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Tokai or Agile Rickenbacker Copies

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelley

Reaction score
Does anyone have know somewhere in the States where I can get any Rickenbacker copy guitars?

I bought two from Rondo Music before, but they don't list them anymore.

Thanks, in advance!

You're unlikely to find any new models in the US. Rickenbacker are notoriously paranoid about protecting their designs, even to the point of shutting down ebay auctions that list a product as a "rickenbacker copy/replica".

You'll probably have to look secondhand or go the import route.

Not in the States but Mikes Music (frequent site sponsor) has a RG40 Lennon model Tokai. He is located in Canada but just across the border.

Ned

I've got one that I never play and would like to sell. I got the ebay auction shutdown without even mentioning the rickenbacker name.

Anyway, the one I've got is made in Korea, I don't know the brand. It's the black john lennon type one, almost the same as the one from Mike's music except mine is short scale. Mine's also got a usa switchcraft selector switch and a gold lucite pickguard.
lg_front2.jpg

PM me if you're interested.

Hey Boogle, I share your pain...they shut mine down too. It's getting rough out there. :-?

Yours looks great! Korean quality is definitely on the rise. :)
Greg

I actually picked up a new in the box 350/12 RG40 on ebay, but I had to watch ebay every day to get it and finally made a deal with the seller.

Hello! I'm looking for a Rick-copy also. It's getting harder and harder to find anything... Anyone have any recent information?

-lennon4

I'm also looking for a "Lennon" Rickenbacker copy...either a short scale 325 or the full-length 350. From what I've seen so far, I think the Tokai might be what I'm looking for...any help is appreciated. Thanks.

:D Go to www.chrisgutars.com he has a black 330/12 with toaster pup's for $399 ) I would have gone for it but I think the string layout is like the Fender 12 not the Rick! Correct headstock with Rick TRC might be a Fernandes MIJ. Check it out, Chris has some Greco's and Burny's at great price's 8) TG

I have two for sale, one in fireglow and one in black! both brand new in the box. I bought them and never player them.Open to reasonable offers. I am located in the UK but worldwide delivery can be organized. Send me an e-mail if your interested
[email protected]

Cheers

Latest posts

Back