Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

two-piece replica strat bodies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tokaigeek
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: two-piece replica strat bodies Reply with quote

is it common for the early-80s/late-70s stratocaster replicas to have two piece bodies? i saw a cream one that looks bookmatched and am at a loss if i should consider buying it or not. thanks for looking! =)
ian
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tokaigeek ? yes, it?s absolutely standard. ALL Fender & Fender-style guitars have multi-piece bodies. In fact, 1-piece bodies are rarer than Hens Teeth (except from new DIY makers like Warmouth & Allparts). The very first US Fender Tele?s mostly used 2-piece from 1950 till about 55, then more 3-piece. Strats from 54 were usually 2 or 3 piece. Some US Fenders known with up to 6 or 7 pieces, especially under solid colours, which is one reason buyers like bursts or other see-through finishes. Similarly, Tokai, Fender Japan, Fernandes etc. all commonly used 2-piece or 3-piece bodies (again. maybe more pieces under solid colour) .

Ian.
tokaigeek
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, ian! i didn't know that. i actually thought the contrary to be true. thank you again for clearing that up!

the guitar seems to be one of the older strat replicas without a serial number on the neckplate which also happens to be smaller than the standard plates. 'tokai' markings are on both the saddles and vintage tuners. a tuner has been replaced by a kluson deluxe. the neck is a bit chunkier than most i've seen on strats and it's one-piece maple. the body is colored in a nice aged cream and there a few minor scratches. it has the 'springy sound' spaghetti tokai decal.

i'll try to get pics and inspect the electronics when i get the chance. any rough ideas of it's age and reasonable price?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: