• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Somebody buy my 81 Love rock please!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

japscot

Reaction score
I'm in Japan so you'd have to pay for shipping. I gotta sell this guitar now.

http://uk.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cojomo2002/album?.dir=/9f48&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//uk.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cojomo2002/my_photos

What I said in the other forum area:
"I don't wanna rip anyone off so I'll tell you the problems....
The pic of the knobs didn't turn out too well but the second tone knob needs replacing. Kinda weird but the tob of the knob is still there so you can still use it.
I've been playing it only for the last coupla days since I cleaned it up. Sounds great but both volume controls have a slight crackling when u turn them. No problem for normal use (doesn't cut out or nothing) but "violin" effects might be a problem.
Frets are fine too (though I'm not a pro) no fret buzz anywhere. To be honest I don't think it's been played for a long long time.
As for the bodywork, there are a few minor dings but nothing big or unexpected from a 23 year old guitar. "

How Much for the guitar and shipping to Ohio in the USA? Let me know.sun526 8)

Hi guys, sorry I couldn't reply yesterday. I had a little gig and by the time I got home I was too drunk to type.
Well Sneaky, I'm down in Fukuoka. How far is Sendai away?
For every one else, it'll cost you $700 + shipping.
I believe shipping to the US costs about $100, but I've never done it so I'm not sure.
But feel free to make me an offer if you can't afford that price. Sadly I'm not in a position to hold out for the best price!

Sendai is 2 hours north of the big onigiri, Tokyo, by bullet train.
Shipping to America costs me around $120. US... but the yen is at 109 approx. so you`d have to ask the post office. One more thing... I now remove the necks from guitars I send to the States because of restrictions after 9-11... there is a total cm size you have to watch out for. I know you can`t remove the neck from that guitar. I take the neck off and wrap everything in bubblewrap and cut the box down... works very well and everybody who bought a guitar from me has been happy and so far no damage or additional charges.

So do you mean that it would be more expensive to ship a guitar with the neck intact, or impossible? I can't imagine why security issues would stop an easily x-rayable thing like a guitar from getting through. These days nothing would surprise me though.

I'm going to be away visiting my wife and baby for the weekend, but I'll be back on Monday. If anyone is interested, make me an offer by email to
[email protected]
The highest offer by Monday night can have the guitar.
I have a feeling someones gonna get a bargain
Colin

not sure what the thinking is here... I rarely am.
I just know I carried 2 guitars in boxes to the post office, they meassured them and told me they were too big. Went home removed the necks cut the boxes down and tried again... second time worked. Size restrictions... get you wife or a native speaker to phone the local PO and ask for details... I may have gotten it wrong but they did refuse my guitars at first. If i remember they said it was a US postal service decision... but then, Ishibashi ships to the States all the time... may be better to use a company and not the PO.

Back