Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where did Katana go?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
8bit Barry
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Where did Katana go? Reply with quote

Just looking back through my Ebay feedback and noticed that Mijsixstringkatana is now 'no longer a registered user'.

As I bought my beloved 78 Tokai Les Paul (and I was very thankful for the great service) I was rather shocked to see that a possible contact for my future Tokai purchases has shut up shop....

Shame really, he will be missed I am sure. Is he is now operating under a different name?

Any clues anyone?
Who can we get quality service from now?

8bit
ArthurS
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where he went. I have a friend that is currently waiting for a Greco that he bought from Katana last week, and he needed Katana to send him a receipt because the Dutch customs office had asked for it. So he e-mailed Katana, who promptly replied and faxed him a receipt. First-class service, even after he shut his account, so I have no idea what happened.

I'll have my friend ask him after he receives his guitar.

By the way, other supposedly good sellers are seikosuru2003 and Bluzey.com. I only have experience with the latter - excellent customer support and wouldn't have any doubts about buying from them again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nik Lloyd
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to report that Nas Tak is back with the ebay user name of "katanaguitars" . I can recommend him highly for quality and great service.
whitehall
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, I was high bidder on an auction of his and ebay shut him down with 1 day to go. Then he showed up a week later , same guitar ,different seller name. Again I was high bidder and ebay shut him down again with one day to go.
ian
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame if Katana has been stopped ? he did offer some nice stuff, and had many happy customers, me included . I had a problem with his strict 4-day payment rule, because his account kept rejecting Paypal(? ?) - he was fine about it though, & the guitar was mint . I found Japanoldguitar to be a very honest dealer, & nice to work with (diito Mark Jenny at MJtele) .

Ian.
ArthurS
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the new moniker katanaguitars is gone now, too. Don't know what on earth happened. The friend I mentioned above in the thread received his guitar just as described by the way, but he didn't get an answer from Nas about what had happened to his accounts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Paladin2019
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Gibson leaned on him for supplying exact replicas in the US...
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think you're right, Paladin. I sent Nas an email when he was last up and running and then disappeared again. He did reply that his site was shut down again for copyright issues and that lawyers were involved. Bummer.
Paladin2019
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. Is it within their rights to stop a product like the love rock coming into the US at all?
ian
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect Katana has some other problem. All the other guys are still there selling on eBay. They?re all in the business of selling old used guitars. I doubt if any law could ever prevent that - it would lead to a ridiculous situation in which people had no right to sell their own possessions. It?s quite different from manufacturers deliberately making copy guitars, that?s always been risky.

Ian.
Paladin2019
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian wrote:
I suspect Katana has some other problem. All the other guys are still there selling on eBay. They?re all in the business of selling old used guitars. I doubt if any law could ever prevent that - it would lead to a ridiculous situation in which people had no right to sell their own possessions. It?s quite different from manufacturers deliberately making copy guitars, that?s always been risky.

Ian.

Good point. Still, the 'copyright issues' thing is consistent with recent events...
20 century boy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusnieman wrote:
Think you're right, Paladin. I sent Nas an email when he was last up and running and then disappeared again. He did reply that his site was shut down again for copyright issues and that lawyers were involved. Bummer.

I heard that too. A few month ago Ultrabas had some problem with Rickenbacker too for selling a Greco 4001 copy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: