Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black / Grey Fibre Board on PUs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Black / Grey Fibre Board on PUs? Reply with quote

I've seen a lot of comments about Goldstar's having a grey base to the pickups - but mine has black. Everything on it seems origila - old MIJ sticker, right sort of machine heads, headstock stiker looks like the real thing, body looks right etc. But the base of the PUs is black - is this a sign that these are definatelt changed or just a manufacturing deviation?
carlovee
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Chris, What year Goldstar do you know? There are others here with more knowledge than me but of the 10-12 Silver Stars , Goldstars, and Springys I've had in the '79-'84 era, ALL have had that grey pickup backing material. And, until just recently, they've all had some kind of letter stamp on them, U or H usually.

My guess is that yours are not original. Not to say they're bad mind you.

cheers,
carlovee
tokaiguy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine who replaced pup's ,machines, pickguard etc...on his early 80's Goldstar gave me the original parts. The pup's had a black bottom with a black plastic rectangle attached, and the machines were not the top loading Kluson type? This leads me to believe it was a low end model. Anyone else seen these things? TG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: