Recomended Replacment bridge for LP Custom???

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitar_man

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a Black Korean Tokai Les Paul Custom with gold hardware and want to change the tune-o-matic bridge for a good quality one.

Has anyone replaced their bridge before and if so what are the recommended ones?

I was trying to find out where to buy a tonepros bridge in the UK but can't seem to find anyone who sells them.

Any help from you guys would be much appreciated. :lol:

Thanks for that!

Much appreciated I'm glad I found this site now you guys are pretty helpful.

:D

Remember Tokai stock hardware is Gotoh(metric size) as opposite to Gibson hardware(imperial size).If you search on this forum you'll find a thread talking about it.

i had to enlarge the post holes on a tone pro abr for my reborn old.

lasher said:
i had to enlarge the post holes on a tone pro abr for my reborn old.

I had the same problem, but I had the posts replaced. I don't think that would be an issue with the MIK models as they have the large, screw top posts.

for what it's worth, I replaced the bridge on my MIK Goldtop with a Gibson ABR-1 ... just opened up the holes on a pedestal drill. Mind you, I also binned the tuners (replaced with a 20 year old set of Grovers I had) and the 0.033 caps and replaced them with 0.022 ones. Whole world of tone difference, and it holds tune for more than 5 minutes.

Back