Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yamaki/Daion Lester w/ '59 Voodoo PAF's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jc32665
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Yamaki/Daion Lester w/ '59 Voodoo PAF's Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone out there knows anything about these LP's. I bought the following today w/ the 59 Voodoo PAF's from the same seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3723788437&category=38086&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

starting to feel like Christmas....
zenstate
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Yamaki Les Paul, I think it's probably mid 1970's and I paid ?500 for it.

It seems to be a copy of a 59/60 Les Paul and sounds excellent.

I believe Yamaki claimed to develope certain manufacturing techniques whcih they then shared with other companies and were supposedly a for runner to the Tokais.

The axe weighs 8.5 Lbs and is a nice sunburst with a kind of antique-ish grain and look....

The Harmony Central reviews I read before buying were extremely complimentary about these guitars.

I have a Yamaki Acoustic also and it's a lovely sounding guitar.
looktoyourorb
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your Yamaki comparable to the early Tokais Les Paul Reborn in terms of quality and sound? And does it have a one or two piece back?
chazmann
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump...

looktoyourorb wrote:
Is your Yamaki comparable to the early Tokais Les Paul Reborn in terms of quality and sound? And does it have a one or two piece back?

well is it comparable to the early tokais?
i own one of these too and would like to know as i have never been fortunate enough to play one of these early reborn/loverock/lespauls.

one other question, do the yamakis have a nitro finish? i wouldnt know how to tell if mine has a poly or lacquer finish...

cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: