Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie needs help ID'ing a neck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lusn
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Newbie needs help ID'ing a neck Reply with quote

I just picked up a Tokai strat type neck, that I was hoping someone could shed some light on.

It is rosewood fretboard, 7 1/4 radius, headstock is Tokai shape, not exact Fender, heel marking is 8-9. Headstock says Tokai Goldstar Sound, The Quality Musical Instruments of the World, & oldies but goodies (on the end).

Very nice neck, small vintage sized frets, excellent quality.

If anyone can tell me the age and or anything else, such as where this neck ranks in the quality chain of Tokai,, I would appreciate it.

I am almost certain the body is not Tokai- it has simply 1300 imprinted into the wood in the neck pocket, no othe markings.
Nik Lloyd
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I think with the 8-9 marking and the "post lawsuit" head stock shape, it would make it around the 1985-86 era. The type of tuners also helps to identify it, if they are plain chrome tuners with non-split posts it is probably a ST-40 model (the entry level), if it has Kluson replicas marked "Deluxe" it is an ST-50 or higher. If the body is Tokai, it should also have the same code in the pick up or electrics cavity plus the colour code, something like 8-9=BB V (BB is code for Black for instance)
Take a look at the Tokai registry pages to see pics of the headstock and compare with yours.
Regards
Nik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: