Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dating my Tokai Jazz Sound Bass

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dubrown
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Dating my Tokai Jazz Sound Bass Reply with quote

I have a Tokai Jazz Sound Oldies but goldies bass that I bought really cheap back in -90. I guess it's a JB120 because of a sticker on the back of the neck (right above the plate) that says "120". The serial nr is "101xxxx". I can't find any other dating on it besides a stamped code on the bottom of the neck (only visible when in parts) that says J4=1A. Tokai is spelled like 7okai.
By going through all the "dating" guides on tokairegistry.com and by browsing the catalogues I'm guessing that it's a ~82. It's a complete lookalike to the JB120YSR that's shown in the -82 catalogue.

I would be grateful if anyone can tell me if I'm getting the dating right.

Funny, I never ever thought about the age of the bass until now when I'm thinking of selling it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: