Tokai RG-43

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean

Reaction score
I dont know what im doing so.......

I wanna add my guitar to the tokai registry thing so whatd i have to do??

Here are some pics of it.

49936910.jpg

49936747.jpg

I have the exact same guitar. After a period when I wasn't too sure about it, I now love it to death. I may save up eventually for the real thing, but for now it'smore than good enough.

Does anyone know how it compares to a real Rickenbacker, particularly in sound?

Cheers.

Mine's a bolt-on. Are some glued? I just noticed on mine, that the bridge appears to be the wrong way round. The treble strings are running through the deep-grooved saddles. Doesn't affect the sound, which I imagine is Rickenbacker-ish as it sounds lovely for chords and arpeggios.

well the " 43 " in your model number should indicate the selling price originally, 43000 yen... not a high end model which probably explains why it`s a bolt on.nn not to sat it`s a cheap guitar, just not one of the high end ones. I could be way off but generally thats how pricing works over here.

Hi,
Have just bought an RG43 and it has a fixed neck. It appears that the early models had a bolt neck and the newer stock are all glued.
The only problem I have had with this guitar is uneven fret hights but this is easily sorted with a trip to the nearest repairers for a quick fret stoning.
In all other respects it sounds like an early Rick 330 fitted with toaster pickups (and the Tokai neck feels easier to play).

I phoned Tokai in the UK and asked if there were any plans for a 12 string version and was told that there is one in the pipeline and could surface as early as late July 2004, worth keeping a watch out for.

Cheers

Gaz

Latest posts

Back