Got a serial # before 8000349?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lrUK-

Is that on a Reborn model? If so it would be a 1978 model. First digit = year up to 89.

Ned

The LPS/LPC thing started officially back in ’78 (catalog vol.1).

8000101.jpg

The 010.... guitars must be from ’81. It’s a different production run and a different body construction & hardware as far as I can recall, probably built somewhere else (Fernandes or Greco?). I haven’t seen any impressed serial starting with 010...., only inked on ones’.

The serialisation scheme ended in ’85 ? and went from 501 up to 504. Hypothesis is that these four production runs were made throughout ’85 – ‘88. I don’t believe that they built all the guitars in only one year.

Or... did they have a break during those years?

yes to the double rings but it didn`t have a truss rod cover so I bought one. One of the tuners had been changed. Hey...it`s old. Thats not all.... previous owner swapped the pickups to Duncan Alnico Pro II`s and it has 3 pull up pots. Gives it a lot of tonal possibilities. I`m on the look out for a non modifid model, and am confident I will find one. I`d like a high end guitar, so I`m holding out.

sneakyjapan said:
my LS60, LP Reborn from 1978 has the serial number of... 8000316.

with a 2p neck? :eek:

Tokai Mad says, if I remember correctly, Tokai restarted in '76 with electrics.

Strat copies started in '77 and have 700....serials. There are known to exist a few LP prototypes without any serial built before '78.

Back