Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

parts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lasher
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: parts? Reply with quote

where can one get oem parts for tokai guitars. the abr-1 on my reborn old is starting the infamous collapse.
Paladin2019
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're all Gotoh so best contact your local supplier. Unfortunately Gotoh's rather superb website no longer exists.

The collapse is repairable (so says Dane Erlewine), but may I recommend a TonePros replacement?
lasher
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: aware Reply with quote

i'm aware of tone pros. i'm not fully aware of their stock tho. does their bridge have the retaining wire?
oldflame
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ABR-1 type on my 81' 335 suffered the same fate. Too much pressure over the break angle and down to the tailpiece made it sag.

I replaced it with a Gibson reissue ABR-1 in nickel with a retaining wireand it fitted straight on. The match is pretty good and the saddles don't fall out either if a string goes.
Paladin2019
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: aware Reply with quote

lasher wrote:
i'm aware of tone pros. i'm not fully aware of their stock tho. does their bridge have the retaining wire?

Yes. The AVR II (their ABR 1 replacement) has the correct dimensions and brass saddles with some additional quirks. The wire is cosmetic only. They use Nashville-style C clips and modified screws to hold the saddles in place even when the wire is off. Clever stuff!

That model only comes with un-notched saddles unfortunately. And on my 2001 Love Rock (with what seems to be an abr1/nashvillle hybrid) the posts were too wide to accomodate it so I had the thinner ones installed. Don't know if that would be true on older models with a proper abr1 style.
shaunfreak
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have included this question in another post, but i wondered about changing the bridge on my Love Rock for a tonepros

I thought that the posts had to be re drilled because the tonepros had thicker posts????.......the abr style on my LR custom has the old style thin posts.

Anyone do this mod???

Shaun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: