Super Bowl Musical Happenings

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ned

Reaction score
For those of you not lucky enough to see the Super Bowl (American football) missed a music half time. Janet, Justin, Kid Rock, P Diddy and Nelly.

Oh yeh, Justin ripped Janet Jackson's top off and her boob flopped out.

Seems like a streaker ran across the field as well.

Gotta love my home town - Houston.

Ned

At least the game was good!

I usually turn off the TV audio as radio does a much better job, but I did turn it back on to watch P Diddy and Kid Rock and said to my wife "There it is ... American culture at its best." The Kid Rock band members, as far as I could tell, were sporting a Gibson red Firebird, some pointy Jackson-type V-shaped thing, and a Music Man bass, playing some riffs for the rappers to perform their magic over. Was hoping to spot KR's Reverend but not in sight. Nice costumes though. :roll:

8) If Aerosmith haven't all ready "Jumped the Shark" they sure did at the Super Bowl!! Talk about having a "Spinal Tap Moment"! And haven't we all had enough of anyone named Jackson ? The poster family of Disfunction!! Why does everything on American TV have to be a version of Star Search? :roll: It's a football game, I want to get loaded ,see some hard hitting and a marching band at half time!! :D I would love to see them try a Super Bowl half time at a Euro Soccer{football} match! Ithink the locals might do us a favor and give Justin Timberlake a good old fashioned Stompping!! One can only hope!! :wink: TG

After tonight, I'd agree. Perhaps he will attend a football match on tour overseas and be stomped by soccer hooligans. One can only hope.

Timberlake moron boy won a Grammy, and George Harrison or Warren Zevon did not. The Zevon album is fantastic, BTW, the only dud on the disk a cameo appearance by the ever-hammy, over-the-top Bruce Springsteen, IMO. Z's "Keep Me in Your Heart For Awhile" is a powerful song by a talented lost artist, which is why it did not win an award.

True enough, Mr. Sneaky

But I was talking about this category, for which Warren Z's ?Keep Me in Your Heart for Awhile? was nominated:

Male Pop Vocal Performance: ?Cry Me a River,? Justin Timberlake

At least Z was honored with two others : Contemporary Folk Album: ?The Wind,? Warren Zevon.

and this:

Rock Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocal: ?Disorder in the House,? Warren Zevon and Bruce Springsteen

Although I still think Springsteen is a hammy-*** musician who can take a great idea and bludgeon it to death

True enough, Mr. Sneaky

But I was talking about this category, for which Warren Z's ?Keep Me in Your Heart for Awhile? was nominated:

Male Pop Vocal Performance: ?Cry Me a River,? Justin Timberlake

At least Z was honored with two others : Contemporary Folk Album: ?The Wind,? Warren Zevon.

and this:

Rock Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocal: ?Disorder in the House,? Warren Zevon and Bruce Springsteen

Although I still think Springsteen is a hammy-*** musician who can take a great idea and bludgeon it to death

Hi guys,

I did not watch the SuperBowl live but caugh the replay later when i got home... i was speechless to say the least, it took 10 minutes to find my eyes that popped out,
but the next day I was totally outraged ! ! !
All 5 News Channels here kept replaying the Janet y Justin show over and over, with the last shot being pixellated ???
After 10 runnings that showed it all - why outrage people with pixellation.

Peter Mac

Back