Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Strings for a Les Paul copy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tokaiguy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Rocks, Goldstars etc... Ernie Ball RPS Power Slinky 11's, on the Rickenbackers and Gretsch Pyrimids. They are the only string for a Rick 12! TG
Solone
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using the purple Ernie Balls for seven years and I have no complaints. They last long and are big enough to fatten your tone up and still achieve ballsy bends and vibratos. I can't say enough how much I hate D'addario's! They don't last very long and while they have a snappy attack to them they seem to tonally deteriorate on me, so I stay away as much as possible. Electro-Harmonix makes great strings to as well as great tubes and effects, but that's just my personal opinion.
tokaiguy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree! D'Addario strings are terrible! TG
tokaigeezer
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'dardadardararioses are not the greatest strings, I agree, but they have a .0095 gauge which, IMO, is perfect for Strats - just enough stiffness but still highly bendable. Still wear out too soon, but they feel good. Maybe there's another brand out there that has 9.5s.

Just tried a set of Super Mullets .009s (great artwork, BTW) on a Silver Star and they seem very good. A Strat tuned half a step down with purple Slinkys rocks, though. Colossal bottom end.

Ah yes, back to the actual topic at hand - apologies all around I like GHS 10 nickels on a Les Paul - decent strings. Elevens gives my creaky, geezin' wrists tendinitis
Swansong78
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.univalve.net/forums_new/viewtopic.php?t=147

sobstrings.net

Read the reviews on Snake Oil Strings, i've been using them on my les paul for the last 6 months with out changing and they sound even better than the first day i put them on!
Yazing
Plucker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Use Firewires mostly(.009-.010 Gauge), Not too long lasting, but they serve their purpose for being relatively cheap strings. If you want Durable strings, go with Ernie Ball, IMO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: