Tokai with major upgrade!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, to me re-topping sounds like making cakes... :D

Retopping a Les Paul would mean more work than building from scratch. And why bother to drill holes for a tailpiece in that all new maple top when you want a Bigsby... ? Not very well planned....

Headstock is not shown, but when doing all this work, why not fake it too ?

Aged nickel parts ? Those pick-up coves shure looks like chrome to me (blue reflection, Nickel reflects yellow-ish).

Why do people make up stories ? :D

Stian

I've had my eye on it out of curiousity. I like the gaps between the p/u covers and mounting rings (especially on the neck p/u).

That always bothers me when they dont post pics of headstock.

Dana

Look at the picture showing the back of the body. The radii around the body looks overly large and has ended up looking like a real cheap Les Paul copy.

Now this maybe down to over sanding when stripping the old laquer off. Or it may be a completely different make of guitar.

Be careful

One thing about his description puzzled me and ties into the lack of the headstock pic. He said that the year 1959 was inked into the serial number.

That is specifically what was done with the Korean limited edition series that were sold by Mikes Music a couple of years ago - those that had the MM2001 on the truss rod cover. If I'm not mistaken, there were two '59 models ( cherry sunburst and violin finishes) and a 56 Goldtop with P90's.

Latest posts

Back