Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So, did Tokai ever make tube amps?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Amps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueFrogs
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:16 am    Post subject: So, did Tokai ever make tube amps? Reply with quote

I've seen a couple of solid state amps on eBay but never any tube amps. Did they make any?
loverockerUK

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

null

Last edited by loverockerUK on Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
luis
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so.Tokai offered this solid state tweed look amps in a few years.Maybe at the same time the stompboxes were on catalogue.
tokaiguy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw one back in84' at the Dallas Guitar show...but wait here is what I recall: a combo amp with 1 12",silver metal speaker cover/ a metal grill not fabric, a dark redwood looking cabinet witha highly polished laquered finish. It was displayed with a Springy Sound 56' two tone sunburst, the amp was typical of the "boutique style" amps of that time. I think it was labeled "Studio Master". The rep at the booth was an older gentleman in a suit who looked like a shoe store manager from the 50's {he wore a tie clip!} He said that the Springy was not for sale nor the amp, the Springy had been discontinued and repaced by the new AST models. My feeling was that they were testing the waters with the amp, I know it was MIJ and the rep said they would be arriving in the comming year. IMC was the Tokai distributor in the US and they were based in Ft. Worth Tx so we did see a lot of "strange" items from Japan. The little Tweed Toks are fairly common here in the Dallas Ft. Worth area. I guess this just muddies the water! TG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Amps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: