Need HELP.....it's urgent!!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falcon Rust

Reaction score
Hi there everyone, it's FR from Brisbane Australia,

i will cut this short.

I am going to Japan next week, and i have found a Tokai Cat's Eyes Acoustic guitar that i like, it's the CE1200, from 1976.

It was made the year i was born!!!!

Is there anyone in this forum who knows much about iit and can tell me how good this guitar is and if anyone has tried old Cats Eues before?

Thanks you for your help,
Ciao,
FR

the best thing to do is play it. Doesn`t really matter what we say.
Cats Eyes come in many different price ranges, though the model number you speak of indicates a high end guitar.
Let us know what happens after you get your hands around its neck.

All solid wood,great wokmanship.Mr. Adachi went to Martin for learning,so you will have a Martin By Tokai,maybe not a nitro finish not sure,but top structure is the same as a Martin.Try a new high end Cat's Eye too(CE-150 an above),they can also be great.

Good luck Falcon,and tell us more about it.

HI Falcon, every Cat's eye above 500 is very good, anything above 1000 is like heaven, invest your money, I promise you, you will never regret it. I used to own CE 180 (very unlike what you are looking for) but it was still good guitar. However 76 1200 would be VERY difficult to find it, but I won't say never ever, do not give up, spend as much time as you can, check all usual sites in Japan Good luck let me know if you are troble in Japan, I will be able to help you in there :wink:

Latest posts

Back