While waiting for my LS-320...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Nice top... love the flaming and noburst colour.

I'm curious to know it's origin, when you're at liberty to tell us.

The bridge pickup ring looks quite low, but I'm guessing it's the angle that the photos were taken from?

But... I have to say "wow" again.

Best wishes,
Ian

p.s. Wow!

:D Oh Man, That's a Greeny wannabe! Alot better looking! Congrat's!How about a picture of the whole thing? You Dawg, I'm Greeny with NV! :wink: TG

Orville by Gibson by any chance? Very nice looking guitar whatever it is,plus the Greeny vibe.Learning to live with GAS is half the battle! 8)

Hi loverockerUK!

>> I may change them to Dead Mint Club ones (bit cheaper than the real thing at $5000 each!)

True, but those DMC parts are nor exactly cheap! Still, your new LP is worth it (? L?Oreal)

>> On the maker... <snip>

Sounds like you did really well. I'm sure we're all dying to know some more about this guitar... I know I am.

>> Once I found out about it, I'd have bought it even if it was a 'clownburst'... <snip>

Mmm... well, at least a refin is a option with a guitar like this. :)

BTW I'm using your first photo as wallpaper. Hope you don't mind.

Best wishes,
Ian (Wow!)

Aw?shucks, now that pic is just making me jealous & dissatisfied with my ?new? Plain Jane 60 after only one day :eek: . But hey, I have to know my place here, right? OK, I?ll stick with a single low-end Tokai for a while 8) .

But look, I have to tell you off about this. I mean, you have a 320 on order, plus all sorts of other gits & fancy amps, & now this one as well. And I know other guys here like Steve are just as bad - well you all have way too many smart guitars! Tut, tut,??.you can only play one at a time you know? Only kidding (& jealous) :wink: ? really lovely looking guitar, congratulations.

Ian.

Ps:- Barry, did you ever get to the Marshall factory, you were due to visit them back in the summer? Steve ? darn it, you have me interested in these blasted Reverend things now!

that freakin job is starting to cut in on your web site time.
are you gonna tell us what make that beauty is or what? I hate guesing games.

>> loverockerUK "Have you seen a UK dealer for DMC bits?"

Sadly no. The only source I know of apart from their Japanese site is davesguitar.com. If you turn up the German URL it would be one to add to my Favourites...

Have you come across this site yet? His stuff is well regarded on the LP Forum.

<http://www.rsguitarworks.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=21&osCsid=99775011ede9c24eb292c21d1a0cd919>

Best wishes,
Ian (still enjoying the wallpaper)

Baz,

that '59 relic looks rather nice. Jammy git. Post pic's of the 320 when it lands!

Know all about those GAS attacks. Must keep off E Bay when I'm having one. Just bought another late '70's Ibanez! The vintage Japanese gear's getting expensive now. Must get my nose to the grindstone to pay for 'em! :D :x

Baz,

Yup, a really tasteful one, although not Destroyer tasteful.

Its an IC200 Iceman. ;)

Imagine a cross between a Firebird, a Les Paul Junior (or an SG) with a touch of Explorer. Someone had dropped in a pair of DiMarzio's (badly) which are looking (and sounding) worse for wear, but an extensive search of god old Ebay has found some NOS Super 80's with mounting rings, which should arrive soon.

Never did like KISS though, personally I blame the mid 80's thrash bands.

Let's hope that the Washburn you went with wasn't one of the godawful 80's glam PINK ones!

hi everyone, this is my first post, but i have lurked here for a little while. loverockerUk, when did you order your LS320? i'm trying to contact Yoshie at G-universe but haven't heard back yet. i'm for sure going to order one, a lefty in butterscotch no-burst. what price can i expect to pay? any other options i have, such as weight? any info you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated. thanks, Pat

yeah I wanna know if you guys pay the same prices I pay here in Japan.
Still waiting to know what maker that Les Paul is. Spill the freakin beans will ya.

thanks Loverocker. hey, Yoshie e-mailed me this morning. everything is just like you said. i'm going for a LS-320 custom order in lefty butterscotch no-burst. mmmm.. flamey buttery goodness.. he said it'll take about 4 months to make. this should be fun.. whee!

I know I might be getting off track but has anyone on the site custom ordered a ES type git.I've seen ES130's on ebay which seem to be ES120's with upgraded electronics,I was thinking more along the lines of different woods i.e.solid maple top,Brazilian rosewood fret board etc.Is it possible to order such a beast? :-? or am I going to have to settle for a 'off the shelf bog standard LS-320' :wink: ....and no just because every one seems to be getting one it doesn't mean I'm jealous ok :(

Latest posts

Back