DILLION GUITARS

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GUITAR CELLAR

Reaction score
I just found this bit of info out....you guys probably already knew it. Korean Dillion & Tokai's are made at the same factory. All the flying V's, Explorers, PRS's, Les Pauls, LP Jr.'s. I belive they have the same serial number system as well. http://www.dillionguitars.com

:eek: I spoke with John Dillion a few months ago regarding the hollow body PRS style. He told me that model was being made in Vietnam, and with the Korean Tokais being made along side Dillion, Everest etc...how much of a Tokai is a Korean Tok? I have one Korean Tokai an SG that is identical to my MIJ SG/61" the headstock is a little narrow in comparison but a great guitar. I look at MIJ Fenders as a totally different animal from a MIA. Both great guitars, I prefer MIJ reissues for the detail. I do appreciate the Made in Korea for Tokai on the back of the PRS replicas but how much of a connection is there between Tokai of Japan and the Korean manufacturer. There is no doubt that the Beatle bass's under the Rouge,Turser,Dillion and Tokai are from the same factory! You can tell it's a slow day here in Dallas! Would like to here what you guys think. :eek: TG

I think that the Korean Tokai's are probably Tokai Japans "Squire"/Epiphone series...if you know what I mean. The funny thing is that the Korean Tokai's & Dillions are better than the Squires & epiphones out there.

:D Amen to that! Like I said my Korean SG is my favorite of the two that I have! Some of the Squires like the MIJ and the Korean Protones are great. But can keep the Epiphones! :lol: TG

I've noticed Mike's Music in Canada are selling
a Dillion LP custom triple pickup with the correct horn and headstock.
3DILLIONS.jpg

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=Dillion+les&ht=1&sosortproperty=1&from=R10&sacategory=619&BasicSearch=

I wonder how they are?

Kent

Looks like a lawsuit...LOL! I've held both Tokai's & Dillions in my hands...I love em both. I decided to become a Dillion dealer as a result. Now if I can just keep from selling them to myself.... It's hard let the cool ones go..

WOW! Loving the Red Special here.

Is it hardtail or standard trem? Can't quite see.

I tried the Burns version and wasn't that impressed, but I preferred the look of its ebony fingerboard to that rosewood one. If someone's made a really good affordable Brian May guitar I'm buying one! How much? Any specs or other useful info (neck profile/scale etc)?

to Paladin2019

I AM very disappointed you don't know anything about Japanese guitars. (well I know just little too...) If you are after Burns Brian May, go Greco, affordable, very nice guitar, I have never heard compleiment for May Greco. Burns is crap, not good as used to be, I can't believe they manufacture such a great model in Korea. Bad choice, choose japan.

Alternative if you are seriously after BM model, Guild is the best option. (but I think you probably know)

It is has a Tremollo & a padded case...you can check out the details on our site.....we just got it in. It has the Burns Tri-sonic pickups as well.

$479.00
FEATURES:

Set mahogany neck
Grover tuners
Rosewood fretboard
Burns TRISONIC pickups
Mahogany body with quilted top
Custom Tremolo
Limitless sound/style possibilities with 6 control switches
OTHER INCLUDED FEATURE:

Dillion V-series Bag

We are also getting the Acrylic flying V some time next week....so I should have better photos of it.

Here is a SRV Stratocaster that I moded in the shop the other day..

SRV1.jpg

i've got a dillion lefty 56 LP goldtop. it really is a sweet playing guitar. it needed a switchcraft switch, though. the original was way cheap, and would never stand up to the mick ronson-randy rhoads style play.

I have owned a Dillion Red Special for a couple of months now and play it every day.. I owned a early 90's Guild BM and tried the new Burns model but found I didn't care for the necks on them.. I saw one of these and played it a bit and really liked the neck on it. It seemed like the Guild I owned sounded really good for Queen tunes, but sounded like crap on "regular" songs. (I may have a better or worse ear now than I did then.. <g>) This Dillion works for a lot of stuff.. I love these pick ups. It blows away most multi pick up guitars.

I had heard they quit making these after getting a letter from Burns.. Anybody else hear this?

Outt..
Jeff.

The May model is still being made......both Tokai & Dillion have had some guitars that are so close that they were only able to fly under the radar for a short time and then go away.... It depends on what country they are being sold in. For example....Rickenbacker Tokai's can't be sold in the USA and the same goes for the Tokai stat & Tele copies in the USA.
But you see them being sold all over Canada. I'd say the Dillion's Brian May guitars are probably not allowed to sell in England without legal problems but have no problems in the USA market.

oh boys,,, I am tokai (Japan) fans I am not dillon nor tokai Korea fan...

To kherman

really sorry to ask you in this message board, I'm sure someone asked before in the past but cannot find that message, how do I link image directly onto message? I managed just list link and direct to other page so far.

drt said:
To kherman

really sorry to ask you in this message board, I'm sure someone asked before in the past but cannot find that message, how do I link image directly onto message? I managed just list link and direct to other page so far.

Real easy.

Type:

You can only post a pic from another website. Not from your computer itself.

Just right click on the image you want to post. Go to properties.
Highlight then copy jpg file name. Then paste in your message with
on the outsides. No spaces.

Kent

Latest posts

Back