Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2009 Tokai LS-470 VF (No longer for sale)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dennisqle91
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject: 2009 Tokai LS-470 VF (No longer for sale) Reply with quote

EDIT: Taking this one off the market.

This is Tokai's top of the line model. It is equivalent to LS-540 of today's production line.

Brazilian rosewood fretboard, Honduran mahogany, AAAA hard maple top. The guitar is fully original with NOS Bumblebees (when is the last time you saw a guitar come stock with NOS 'bees?) and J.M. Rolph pickups that Rolph makes exclusively for high-end Tokai's. The all lacquer finish is quite thin.

9.75 pounds. Comes with OHSC and accessories including key, sales card, truss rod tool.

This guitar is stunning all-around. The pics are not glamour shots; they were taken in my apartment with some window light. The top is just that figured. The mahogany grain on the back is gorgeous.

Photo album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/153840324@N04/albums/72157679701050558/with/47531356181/

Last edited by dennisqle91 on Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
dennisqle91
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking this one off the market...
currypowder
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dennisqle91 wrote:
Taking this one off the market...

Good decision!
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The maple top on my 2000 LS-320 looks similar to the top in the OP picture; I believe the flames on mine are a bit wider.

My 320 has never been altered in any way, and the pick guard was never installed, thus no screw holes for a pick guard.

My 320 would be one of the last of my LP types that I would offer for sale.
Why sell something with such excellent, era correct timbers, and that's besides the rarity factor?

Keeping mine
currypowder
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely agree. My 2003 LS-320 would be the last guitar out the door if it ever came to that. Mine is also completely stock, though someone did install a pickguard at some point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: