Ebay - 2004 Love Rock - Odd natural wood finish ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Alan-

Reaction score
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-Japanese-Tokai-Love-Rock-Les-Paul-Electric-Guitar/113681820303?hash=item1a77f6ea8f:g:~YQAAOSwXINcTEUi

Spotted this today. No serial number given. What attracted me was the wood on the upper surface of the body. Looks solid maple rather than veneer, but from the grain patterns must have been constructed from 4/5 different pieces/

Was that an original Tokai factory finish, or more likely an originally painted body which has been stripped perhaps ?

Well that's a made for export to the UK Headstock so does that guitar match up with a known UK guitar player i don't know about ?? I'd guess that was a refinished goldtop if i had to guess. Never seen another like it. I've seen natural tops from special orders but they aren't that many pieces, also it looks like whoever got a tad heavy with the sander in places especially near the toggle by the neck. Tokai wouldn't put that out.

That makes sense.

The odd colour on the rear would tie up with the whole thing having been striped.

Might be a stupid question this.. but what is the original colour back on the Gold tops ?

Back