Ebay - 2004 Love Rock - Odd natural wood finish ?

Music stores and pawn shops where Tokai guitars have been spotted for sale. New or used.

Moderators: ian, ned

-Alan-
Guitar God

Ebay - 2004 Love Rock - Odd natural wood finish ?

Post by -Alan- » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:28 pm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-Japanes ... SwXINcTEUi

Spotted this today. No serial number given. What attracted me was the wood on the upper surface of the body. Looks solid maple rather than veneer, but from the grain patterns must have been constructed from 4/5 different pieces/

Was that an original Tokai factory finish, or more likely an originally painted body which has been stripped perhaps ?

brokentoes
Guitar God

Post by brokentoes » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:49 pm

Well that's a made for export to the UK Headstock so does that guitar match up with a known UK guitar player i don't know about ?? I'd guess that was a refinished goldtop if i had to guess. Never seen another like it. I've seen natural tops from special orders but they aren't that many pieces, also it looks like whoever got a tad heavy with the sander in places especially near the toggle by the neck. Tokai wouldn't put that out.

-Alan-
Guitar God

Post by -Alan- » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:19 pm

That makes sense.

The odd colour on the rear would tie up with the whole thing having been striped.

Might be a stupid question this.. but what is the original colour back on the Gold tops ?