Questions on LS line of guitars (LS-80F)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What gauge strings do you use ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ntune

Reaction score
Hi guys, first of all, I know the price is 80,000 yen, which is approximately $738 US.

1. Is 80,000 yen the selling price, or the "manufacturer's price" that we see in many of the US guitar mags which are slightly higher than the the real selling price.

2. In addition, has anybody on the east coast (particularily NY) ordered one, and how much extra was paid, on top of the selling price of the guitar (im assuming you order one through guitar universe).

3. What is the nut made out of, the fret markers?

4. Has anybody ever ordered a custom color, how do I get a guitar which was crafted for the japanese market (which definitely have more color options that are stock and no extra fees involved)? How much extra was that extra color ?

Nut is plastic. Not sure about the fret markers - they're not as shimmery as modern gibbos but not nearly as dull as Epis. Similar to the original 59's in that respect.

Try GS Universe for Japanese orders. They can sort a custom order for you too. I've dealt with them and they're very good.

EDIT: forgot - 11's. Didn't take too long to get used to since I was used to 10's but anything lower feels like an elastic band now. And the tone... oh yes, the tone... 8)

ok great, so there is a 20% discount and the fret markers are made of an unknown substance.

Paladin2019: How did GS Universe make a custom order for you? You just told them the custom options you wanted and the prices for each, or did they give a sheet, and you basically fill in the options you want? For shipping and extra costs to the US, how much extra was paid on top of the price of the guitar?

-ntune

They didn't do me a custom order - I just got a model from them that is only available in Japan.

However, I know LoverockerUK has made a custom order with them so he'd be your man to ask.

I had it shipped to the UK and we have different taxation etc, the basic cost was 21,400 yen (I think they accept USD as well as yen) and it arrived in 3 days.

Novosel, obviously im inquiring about the new 2003-2004 LS-80F

-ntune

Hey, LoverockerUK, how much are you paying for that LS-320. Do you think it is worth it? What kind of custom color are you doing ?

ewww...heritage cherry ! or a version thereof? ?? What are you thinking ??? ATLEAST amberburst to be safe !! arghh..when will you people learn. So how much of a discount are you gonna let it go for on ebay ??

Back