Anyone have a Tokai LG series guitar?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aroomstudios

Reaction score
I have always wondered about these PRS type guitars from Tokai. They start off at a LG38 or so then go up. Not sure how high. Have seen 150's. Tokai had some prototypes on their site before they re-did it a few months ago. But they are all sold out.

From Tokai site: These look cool but they are gone. They had SEB.

LG Prototype

LG Prototype N
SOLD OUT
BODY: Quilted Maple + Maple Top
Western Red Ceder 2 pcs. Middle
(SEB structure)
Mahogany 2 pcs. Back
NECK: Mahogany One Piece Set-Neck
FINGERBOARD: Rosewood 24 F 25 inch Scale
BRIDGE: Wilkinson VG 300
PICKUPS: PAF-Vintage MK 2 x 2
CONTROLS: 1 V., 1 T., 3 way-SW.
COLOR: Natural
Back panel included
Selling price: ASK (including tax)
Adopted unprecedented material and structure to use Western Red Ceder which is usually used as material of acoustic guitar in SEB structure (cross cut). This time, we introduced a new SEB structure with 2-piece body middleware.
It became feasible by directly ordering Canadian Western Red Ceder directly to Canada.

Sound characteristics
? Ham backing leaving the thickness of the line of pickup, sound rise and sound dropout are very good.
? Good separation of sustain code.
? Medium range is out.

246s5q9.jpg

I see a lot of these 124q for sale (picture link below). They range from $500-$1000 USD used

https://mercasonic.soniccdn.com/sda/large/491/1925491.jpg

I am wondering if they are any good. I assume they are a poly finish.

Anyone have any more info on them?

Yes I had a bunch of the ones like the photo., sold them all.
Not the SEB ones, just the regular solid mahogany bodies.

Brilliant guitars.

Thanks for info on that. I contacted Tokai and they still have a SEB body quilted maple top. That is just the body un-built. So, they can make that into a guitar for me. Going to get pretty custom with the specs. Nitro, custom color burst, gold hardware, locking tuners, abalone inlays and ebony FB. The custom guitars from Tokai are just something else. Much higher end than their normal line. Which is already better than Fender USA stuff IMO.

Latest posts

Back