Tokai Breezysound What is it?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aroomstudios

Reaction score
https://box.yahoo.co.jp/guest/viewer?sid=box-l-uouojk3r3cmwtfsh2nhwekkroq-1001&uniqid=a67a6d7f-c255-4f1a-bc2a-6e0da92641bf#

These are the only pics I have. Looks like a 5 digit SN and seems to start with a 1 from looking at picture 6. Maybe 10148 it is hard to tell. The Tokai logo is a spaghetti style so that makes this pre 1982 right? Probably a 1981

So, would this be a TE50 or a 70 right? According to:

http://www.tokairegistry.com/tokai-info/tokai-fender.html

Does this seem logical to you guys? Any other info would be great.

Thanks guys.

Brian

Didn't they add an L to the serial numbers starting in '81 ?? Fret board is heavily pitted and i can see a few mods as well. Without better pictures of the guts of the beast it could be anything. I does look to have been a well played guitar.

Yeah, I saw some pretty bad dents in the frets after I made this post. I would say it need s fret job. just for that reason I will pass on this one. I was wondering what it was though? Eventually, I would like to get a old Tokai tele. Would be nice to get a maple and a rosewood neck one if the price was right. I got a old 81 ST-65r strat for a deal. That thing plays great I would like to find a breezy of the same quality for a deal like that one. I though about getting I higher end Breezy like a 120. I have a 1981 ST-100 that is one piece and nitro vs the st65 2 piece poly. But really they both play the same and sound equally as good as each other.

Hi guys,

To me it looks like a 1982 TE-50 BL (Blonde)
The 6 saddle bridge is the best indicator, plus the serial number style (1958) with the spaghetti logo was only used in 1982 on Maple neck guitars.

TE-70 have body binding and 3 saddle bridge.

Hope this helps

Thanks, that give me a good indicator for the future. I never knew why some had a 6 saddle bridge and some had a 3. I thought that was more what they ordered or an aftermarket thing. But that makes sense. Thanks Peter!

Peter Mac said:
Hi guys,

To me it looks like a 1982 TE-50 BL (Blonde)
The 6 saddle bridge is the best indicator, plus the serial number style (1958) with the spaghetti logo was only used in 1982 on Maple neck guitars.

TE-70 have body binding and 3 saddle bridge.

Hope this helps

@Peter Mac, surely some higher numbered models also came with 6 saddle bridges, or am I reading it wrong?

Hi,

Well yes, some did - but not with Maple necks and not in 1982.
Looking at all the features that are shown in the photos, it looks like a TE-50 to me.
Things like saddles, string tree, placement of logo, colour, neck profile, pickup stamps (not shown), wood grain,serial number, hardware finish - all add up as to which Model this IS MOST LIKELY to be.
After considering all these things, my opinion is it is a TE-50.

Breezysounds are easier to pick than SpringySounds as there were not that many Models (5 ) - especially in 1982. It is not a TE-70 as there is no body binding and it is not the correct colour, it is not a TE-80 as it has a 6 saddle bridge, there was no TE-60, it is not a TE-120 or TE-200 as the body does not have abalone inlay or is solid rosewood.
When you look at all the things it doesn't have, there was only 1 model that employed the features it does have - the TE-50.
Also check the 1982 Catalog (Joe Walsh cover)
here endeth tha lesson.
Peter Mac

Latest posts

Back