Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tokai Breezysound What is it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aroomstudios
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject: Tokai Breezysound What is it? Reply with quote

https://box.yahoo.co.jp/guest/viewer?sid=box-l-uouojk3r3cmwtfsh2nhwekkroq-1001&uniqid=a67a6d7f-c255-4f1a-bc2a-6e0da92641bf#

These are the only pics I have. Looks like a 5 digit SN and seems to start with a 1 from looking at picture 6. Maybe 10148 it is hard to tell. The Tokai logo is a spaghetti style so that makes this pre 1982 right? Probably a 1981

So, would this be a TE50 or a 70 right? According to:

http://www.tokairegistry.com/tokai-info/tokai-fender.html

Does this seem logical to you guys? Any other info would be great.

Thanks guys.

Brian
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't they add an L to the serial numbers starting in '81 ?? Fret board is heavily pitted and i can see a few mods as well. Without better pictures of the guts of the beast it could be anything. I does look to have been a well played guitar.
aroomstudios
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I saw some pretty bad dents in the frets after I made this post. I would say it need s fret job. just for that reason I will pass on this one. I was wondering what it was though? Eventually, I would like to get a old Tokai tele. Would be nice to get a maple and a rosewood neck one if the price was right. I got a old 81 ST-65r strat for a deal. That thing plays great I would like to find a breezy of the same quality for a deal like that one. I though about getting I higher end Breezy like a 120. I have a 1981 ST-100 that is one piece and nitro vs the st65 2 piece poly. But really they both play the same and sound equally as good as each other.
Peter Mac
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

To me it looks like a 1982 TE-50 BL (Blonde)
The 6 saddle bridge is the best indicator, plus the serial number style (1958) with the spaghetti logo was only used in 1982 on Maple neck guitars.

TE-70 have body binding and 3 saddle bridge.

Hope this helps
aroomstudios
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that give me a good indicator for the future. I never knew why some had a 6 saddle bridge and some had a 3. I thought that was more what they ordered or an aftermarket thing. But that makes sense. Thanks Peter!
felixcatus
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Mac wrote:
Hi guys,

To me it looks like a 1982 TE-50 BL (Blonde)
The 6 saddle bridge is the best indicator, plus the serial number style (1958) with the spaghetti logo was only used in 1982 on Maple neck guitars.

TE-70 have body binding and 3 saddle bridge.

Hope this helps

@Peter Mac, surely some higher numbered models also came with 6 saddle bridges, or am I reading it wrong?
Peter Mac
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Well yes, some did - but not with Maple necks and not in 1982.
Looking at all the features that are shown in the photos, it looks like a TE-50 to me.
Things like saddles, string tree, placement of logo, colour, neck profile, pickup stamps (not shown), wood grain,serial number, hardware finish - all add up as to which Model this IS MOST LIKELY to be.
After considering all these things, my opinion is it is a TE-50.

Breezysounds are easier to pick than SpringySounds as there were not that many Models (5 ) - especially in 1982. It is not a TE-70 as there is no body binding and it is not the correct colour, it is not a TE-80 as it has a 6 saddle bridge, there was no TE-60, it is not a TE-120 or TE-200 as the body does not have abalone inlay or is solid rosewood.
When you look at all the things it doesn't have, there was only 1 model that employed the features it does have - the TE-50.
Also check the 1982 Catalog (Joe Walsh cover)
here endeth tha lesson.
Peter Mac
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: