• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: Tokai TST Goldstar Sound Superstrat, 1985, Kahler

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrettyBlue1

Reaction score
Tokai TST Goldstar Superstrat, with an original Kahler 2700 USA tremolo. Excellent condition, I'd say 8,5/10 at least. Had it since 2001 or so, has been stored ever since, may now go.

This particular model does not appear in any of the catalogues. Closest thing is a TST55H (1985) which has probably the same specs, but uses Tokais own Ayers Rocker trem (a Floyd lic. unit) instead of an original Kahler. So my best guess is that this model was probably called TST85H or so.

Ash body, it's quite heavy. It has TAR pickups (Tokai Accurate Reproduction) and they do their job very well. It was meant to rock and so it does. No fretwear. Paintjob is also in a great condition with just minimal play wear, no major dings or dongs. As an extra it has a trem stop installed in its rear cavity.

Currently the string lock is missing one block, and it must be screwed tight again onto the headstock, but these tiny parts are still there and everything will be sorted before the guitar will be shipped.

Asking € 650 (or $ 700, or GBP 520) ex shipping, I think that's a fair price to start with for an 80's Tokai guitar in this condition, plus of course the original Kahler. But I'm open for any fair and decent offers.

Here's a link for some hi res images:
https://www.louder.com/de/offer/2475-tokai-tst-goldstar-sound-superstrat

In case you'd like to get images by email: [email protected]

I'm not sure if it's just me but the picture website (louder) seems to be down. Cannot load page error.

Good Luck

Just tested it and it works fine. Maybe it has something to do with your browser certificate settings? I must say I have trouble too reaching Tokairegistry from here (EU), and have to reset and restart my browser regularly

Latest posts

Back