Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2007 Gold Top w P90`s MiJ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piyak
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject: 2007 Gold Top w P90`s MiJ? Reply with quote

A friend of mine asked me if I wanted to buy his Tokai goldtop. It is a Love Rocks. Serial number is 0712731 and it has Made in Japan stamped in black letters at the base of the headstock. It has 2 screws on the truss rod cover. I dont know where to find the LS number. He asked for 1000 dollars canadian and I dont know if thats a fair price. Where would I find the LS number and are there any real concerns as to its authenticity as far as MIJ?
Paladin2019
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under the pickups.

But it can also be authenticated with some decent pictures.
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds real to me, and you can test drive it at least cause it's you bud's axe. Big plus.
Piyak
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 2007 Gold Top w P90`s MiJ? Reply with quote

Piyak wrote:
A friend of mine asked me if I wanted to buy his Tokai goldtop. It is a Love Rocks. Serial number is 0712731 and it has Made in Japan stamped in black letters at the base of the headstock. It has 2 screws on the truss rod cover. I dont know where to find the LS number. He asked for 1000 dollars canadian and I dont know if thats a fair price. Where would I find the LS number and are there any real concerns as to its authenticity as far as MIJ?

Here is a link to pictures

https://we.tl/TrvQc6MRCC
Paladin2019
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's legit, no problem there. Not sure what it's value would be in your market, maybe someone else can help.

Value would be pushed up because of the good condition and un-dimpled (i.e. more Gibson-like) headstock.
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the highest model possible LS165S. I can't see the pics well but it would be easy to confrim this by checking if the back is 1 piece or more. If it only has a 1 piece back then it is a LS165S. With the Tokai Cali case included and if the guitar is in good condition, i'd pay $1000 Canadian all day long, and i'm a pretty frugal mf'r.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: