Help confirming model and value

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

austin

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've been offered a 2010 LS98F as a trade against my Gibson SG Classic. Can anyone tell me how I can confirm it is an LS98F and also what it's worth as I need to know if it's a fair trade? The serial number is 1022097

The current situation with Gibson.. they may be under new ownership by end of the year.
If your SG is a good one then I think it's worth hanging on to your Gibson.

I have never owned or played an SG, I hate the look of them and refuse to handle them, I would rather play a Banjo than an SG...
I know i'm an Idiot and missing out on whatever good about SG.

You may find a Tokai LS98F at bargain price in the near future, there are plenty of them about if you know where to look.

Keep your Gibson !

Serial number is correct for a MIJ Tokai. I guess it depends where you live whether or not it's a good deal. If you live in the States and prefer LP's to SG's i'd say its a good trade, anywhere besides the U.S. maybe not so much.

Throw up some pictures.

It was my LS98 LOL. Small world Austin! I'm hanging onto it for now, I just fancied something with P90's in it. A few years ago the Classics were going for £599 here brand new and I have to admit not being able to forget that when I was looking at yours.

I hope you get something nice in exchange anyway and thoroughly recommend a Tokai if you're looking for a decent LP shape.

Latest posts

Back