NGD!! LS128F HB

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaelStrom

Reaction score
Good evening everyone!

My LS128F HB arrived last week, but I am just now getting around to posting about it!

This is my first Tokai and I have to say I am in love!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5ePl169pYKsKybkw2

ETA: Sorry about that. I copied the wrong link :roll:

Thanks everyone! I was super excited when she arrived from France!

Besides the pickups and maybe putting some locking tuners on her, I don't think I will need to change anything!

Nagging question that I was hoping to get answered.

Does the vintage series use a flame maple veneer?

I took the pickups out and it seems to me either its a solid piece or the veneer is nearly razor thin.

MaelStrom said:
Does the vintage series use a flame maple veneer?

Yes, it's very thin. Check the grain lines and the joint in the middle of the top - you'll see they don't match up with the wood inside the pickup cavities.

MaelStrom said:
Besides the pickups and maybe putting some locking tuners on her,

No need for locking tuners on a hardtail guitar. They can make string changes quicker and easier but if you're doing it for tuning stability you're wasting your time. You'll get much better results simply lubricating the nut slots. 8)

Paladin2019 said:
Yes, it's very thin. Check the grain lines and the joint in the middle of the top - you'll see they don't match up with the wood inside the pickup cavities.
I looked again and yup, I can just barely make out where the line is between the top and the veneer.

Paladin2019 said:
No need for locking tuners on a hardtail guitar. They can make string changes quicker and easier but if you're doing it for tuning stability you're wasting your time. You'll get much better results simply lubricating the nut slots. 8)
It would have been strictly for tuning stability.
String change time isn't a big concern to me.
I'm used to a Floyd, so this is already an improvement.
I have locking tuners on my other guitars, but I suppose not abusing a Floyd does make them a bit unnecessary.
You just saved me 70 bucks!

Latest posts

Back