Need schematic

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preben

Reaction score
Hi, guys!
I have done a slight mod on my TMD-1 Metaldriver. I did a swap on the diodes that control the amount of distortion. It turned out quite good, but now it lacks some treble, so it's become quite dark.... If anyone has the schematic for this, it would be great, so I can brighten it up a bit :p Or does anybody know which components are in the tone control?
Don't worry, I'm saving the original components so it can be returned to original condition :wink:

I have found a Tokai pedal schematic on the internet,but it was the TDL-1(ANALOG DELAY) one.You can listen a Metaldriver one on http://www.tonefrenzy.com/2/tokai_metaldriver.htm , and a Tokai over drive on http://www.tonefrenzy.com/2/tokai_overdrive.htm

Hi, Barry :)
I don't think the diodes are grounded, I think it's more like the TS9/808 and OD-1! Maybe I'll just go with it from that assumption, and try figuring out the tonecontrol. I'll try to work around the middle freq.x-over... I'll get back to how the result came out!
Thanks for the links to you both :D

BTW: What i did was something similar to the warp link; I swapped with some diodes with higher value, and deliberatley mis-matched them. Much more tube-like dist :) Now, all I got to do is make it more bright...

Well I found that the tonecontrol circuit is not like TS9/OD1, so I ended up putting back one of the original diodes and one that is slightly mismatched. Sound quite good now, but I think it still has potential to be better. So, I'm still after the schematic, if anyone happens to come across it 8)

I tried to trace it a bit, from the tone potmeter. But since there is a pot for middle/high-freq. xover, I'll have to check it out and try to compare with other schematics I have. I have little experience with this, so I'm a bit in the dark for the time beeing, but I won't give up yet :)

I fiddled some with one of the capacitors connected to the tone pot, and the whole thing started oscillating when I put in a electrolythic (is this what it's called??!?) capasitor :D LOL

Latest posts

Back