Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need schematic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> FX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Preben
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:38 am    Post subject: Need schematic Reply with quote

Hi, guys!
I have done a slight mod on my TMD-1 Metaldriver. I did a swap on the diodes that control the amount of distortion. It turned out quite good, but now it lacks some treble, so it's become quite dark.... If anyone has the schematic for this, it would be great, so I can brighten it up a bit Or does anybody know which components are in the tone control?
Don't worry, I'm saving the original components so it can be returned to original condition
loverockerUK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

null

Last edited by loverockerUK on Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
luis
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found a Tokai pedal schematic on the internet,but it was the TDL-1(ANALOG DELAY) one.You can listen a Metaldriver one on http://www.tonefrenzy.com/2/tokai_metaldriver.htm , and a Tokai over drive on http://www.tonefrenzy.com/2/tokai_overdrive.htm
Preben

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Barry
I don't think the diodes are grounded, I think it's more like the TS9/808 and OD-1! Maybe I'll just go with it from that assumption, and try figuring out the tonecontrol. I'll try to work around the middle freq.x-over... I'll get back to how the result came out!
Thanks for the links to you both

BTW: What i did was something similar to the warp link; I swapped with some diodes with higher value, and deliberatley mis-matched them. Much more tube-like dist Now, all I got to do is make it more bright...
Preben

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I found that the tonecontrol circuit is not like TS9/OD1, so I ended up putting back one of the original diodes and one that is slightly mismatched. Sound quite good now, but I think it still has potential to be better. So, I'm still after the schematic, if anyone happens to come across it
loverockerUK

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

null

Last edited by loverockerUK on Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Preben

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to trace it a bit, from the tone potmeter. But since there is a pot for middle/high-freq. xover, I'll have to check it out and try to compare with other schematics I have. I have little experience with this, so I'm a bit in the dark for the time beeing, but I won't give up yet

I fiddled some with one of the capacitors connected to the tone pot, and the whole thing started oscillating when I put in a electrolythic (is this what it's called??!?) capasitor LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> FX All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: