Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

" 2019 TOKAI FORUM COOL GUITAR CONTEST! "

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAMAMATSU
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: " 2019 TOKAI FORUM COOL GUITAR CONTEST! " Reply with quote

i talked with tokai joe lately and told him that this forum has been so slow lately. tokai joe then suggested me to do the cool guitar contest here again just like he did before. i think its a great idea to do it so lets do it! i leave this contest here for a year, until december of 2019. everybody and any guitar is welcome. in december of 2019, we pick the winners. there are 3 winners possible. one is the tokai forum award. one is the fender-type award. one is the gibson type award. i pick for the tokai forum award and for the fender-type award, "marcusnieman" picks. for the gibson-type award, "luis" picks. these 2 members are the very trusted guys here. and for the 3 award winners, i will send a latest tokai japan catalog as the prize. so what you think everyone? a good fun idea? i really hope so! ok everyone, lets begin the tokai forum cool guitar contest 2019 now! thank you! joey hamamatsu.
HAMAMATSU
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine here. LS188S & TA35 amp! cool huh?

brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I call one stop shoppin'

villager
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reborn LS200 1979

Tokai LP reborn LS-200 VS 1979 003 by generalunrest generalunrest, on Flickr

Last edited by villager on Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
felixcatus
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 'prettiest' (1978 ST100 on the left) and my 'tonally' favourite (1980 TE80R on the right), voila.

Last edited by felixcatus on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:05 am; edited 4 times in total
villager
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1981 ES200R

DSCN1809 by generalunrest generalunrest, on Flickr
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: " 2019 TOKAI FORUM COOL GUITAR CONTEST! " Reply with quote

HAMAMATSU wrote:
i talked with tokai joe lately and told him that this forum has been so slow lately. tokai joe then suggested me to do the cool guitar contest here again just like he did before. i think its a great idea to do it so lets do it! i leave this contest here for a year, until december of 2019. everybody and any guitar is welcome. in december of 2019, we pick the winners. there are 3 winners possible. one is the tokai forum award. one is the fender-type award. one is the gibson type award. i pick for the tokai forum award and for the fender-type award, "marcusnieman" picks. for the gibson-type award, "luis" picks. these 2 members are the very trusted guys here. and for the 3 award winners, i will send a latest tokai japan catalog as the prize. so what you think everyone? a good fun idea? i really hope so! ok everyone, lets begin the tokai forum cool guitar contest 2019 now! thank you! joey hamamatsu.

Sounds like fun but it'll be hard to pick a favorite "one" - kind of like being asked which of your children do you love the most?

Are we just judging upon the images OR are we taking into consideration the condition, the rarity of the guitar, the value ..... or all of these?
aroomstudios
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1981 LS80

1981 LS80

2010 LS95s

1980 ST-100

1981 ST-65r

2017 AST154SH-SEB (ash/spruce/ash)

2017 Tokai Jazz Bass ABJ140 SEB (ash/ash/ash

2012 P-Bass (APB-Cobra VWH - YUICHI MODEL) (yes this is a Tokai it has the tokai logo on the back of the headstock - Was made for "Cobra" Band from Japan)

1981 CE-2000T

1979 CE-500
[/list]
HAMAMATSU
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: " 2019 TOKAI FORUM COOL GUITAR CONTEST! " Reply with quote

marcusnieman wrote:
HAMAMATSU wrote:

Sounds like fun but it'll be hard to pick a favorite "one" - kind of like being asked which of your children do you love the most?

Are we just judging upon the images OR are we taking into consideration the condition, the rarity of the guitar, the value ..... or all of these?

thanks marcus! it should be by all the right reasons. now show yours!
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1978 ST60 - E p'ups

1980 ST80

1980 ST80-R

1981 ES100J

1984 FV70

2008 54 Goldtop (Can't remember the LS model)

2003 56 Goldtop

2003 SG Special

2009 LS150

1979 L60 Reborn
Paladin2019
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only own one but shes's my #1, my oldest, and my most treasured material possession!

My 2001 LS-200, bought new from Guitar Universe just down the road from the Tokai factory. I still have the warranty card and hang tags. Solid top, 1-piece back, ebony fretboard and lacquer finish.

I put on Grover tuners, a new TRC, Tonepros bridge and Faber aluminum tailpiece/studs. I stripped out the standard electronics and put in an upgraded custom configuration based on the Jimmy Page mod. Pickups are Bareknuckle Mules.

I've never played a neck this perfect, the chunkiness is just right for me and the ebony board is like playing on glass.
t.olsen
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OBG Yamano 1993 between two EGF 1200

EGF 1200 again with Navigator N-SG-450

aroomstudios
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new 2018 Breezysound custom ordered from Tokai. In nitro finish with SEB construction.

Basic Model: ATE98B OTM (Ocean Turquoise Metalic)
SEB body: Ash+Ash+Ash
Canadian Hardmaple:
Canadian Hardmaple Fretboard:
Bridge: Gotoh Ti-TC1 Ni
Tuner: Gotoh SD91 MG-T Ni
Nut: Bone
Fretboard: 9.5 inche Radius
Pickups TE-Vintage MK3 (alnico 5)
Orange Drop Caps:
Controls: 1V, 1T, 3 Way Switch
headstock top painting in OTM
nitrocellulose finish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: